I'll be visiting Italy this fall. I'll be flying into Paris first and either take a connecting flight to Italy or take a train ride from Paris to Milan through Switzerland via Gotthard pass. Obviously a train ride will take much longer, but I thought it might make an interesting ride (I've never been to Switzerland). Has anyone been on this route? How's the scenery along the way? Will I see snow-capped Alps mountains in October? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 4 Naples or Genoa
- 5 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 6 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 7 Our European adventures
- 8 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 9 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 10 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 11 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 14 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 19 Greece in 15 Days
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 Help with itinerary
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 24 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 25 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel