When we were checking out B&Bs in Venice (and we found a cute one that had great reviews from Trip Advisor -- Locanda Ca' San Marcuola -- has anyone stayed there,by the way?) ,one of the other B&Bs that I contacted told me that there was no space because of the Vogalonga. As I did not know what that was so I looked it up and it seems awesome -- a huge boat regatta that takes place during the weekend that we will be in Venice at the beginning of June.
I looked at some photos and it looked as if there were a zillion boats in the canal and surrounding waters. We have a boat and my husband is a sailing fanatic ,so he is very excited. I'm looking forward to seeing this too but I'm wondering how this will affect the water taxis and vaporetto service.
Any advice or experience please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 4 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 5 Self drive tour companies
- 6 Rouen Tour Companies
- 7 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 8 Andalucia itinerary help
- 9 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 15 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 16 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 17 Ireland itinerary help please
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 23 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 First time in Bulgaria