When we were checking out B&Bs in Venice (and we found a cute one that had great reviews from Trip Advisor -- Locanda Ca' San Marcuola -- has anyone stayed there,by the way?) ,one of the other B&Bs that I contacted told me that there was no space because of the Vogalonga. As I did not know what that was so I looked it up and it seems awesome -- a huge boat regatta that takes place during the weekend that we will be in Venice at the beginning of June.
I looked at some photos and it looked as if there were a zillion boats in the canal and surrounding waters. We have a boat and my husband is a sailing fanatic ,so he is very excited. I'm looking forward to seeing this too but I'm wondering how this will affect the water taxis and vaporetto service.
Any advice or experience please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary