When we were checking out B&Bs in Venice (and we found a cute one that had great reviews from Trip Advisor -- Locanda Ca' San Marcuola -- has anyone stayed there,by the way?) ,one of the other B&Bs that I contacted told me that there was no space because of the Vogalonga. As I did not know what that was so I looked it up and it seems awesome -- a huge boat regatta that takes place during the weekend that we will be in Venice at the beginning of June.
I looked at some photos and it looked as if there were a zillion boats in the canal and surrounding waters. We have a boat and my husband is a sailing fanatic ,so he is very excited. I'm looking forward to seeing this too but I'm wondering how this will affect the water taxis and vaporetto service.
Any advice or experience please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 11 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Sicily
- 16 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 17 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 18 car for four adults and four bikes
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 21 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 25 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?