When we were checking out B&Bs in Venice (and we found a cute one that had great reviews from Trip Advisor -- Locanda Ca' San Marcuola -- has anyone stayed there,by the way?) ,one of the other B&Bs that I contacted told me that there was no space because of the Vogalonga. As I did not know what that was so I looked it up and it seems awesome -- a huge boat regatta that takes place during the weekend that we will be in Venice at the beginning of June.
I looked at some photos and it looked as if there were a zillion boats in the canal and surrounding waters. We have a boat and my husband is a sailing fanatic ,so he is very excited. I'm looking forward to seeing this too but I'm wondering how this will affect the water taxis and vaporetto service.
Any advice or experience please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Top Tapas Tascas
- 3 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 8 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Greece
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking lake Como
- 14 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Prem fares (again)
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Iceland, france spain
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??