A very long overdue update on our trip to Germany/ Austria/ Switzerland/Italy last May and June. Right now I will just post photos, I'll update with details later. I hope you enjoy the photos!
A year ago this very week I had put in an order for a new BMW convertible (Hannah Belle) and I took delivery in Munich in late May. I took my Mom with me on the trip.
Here are some photos from our 16 night adventure. The very last set below is the "best of" so if you cannot stomach going through all the different sets, just click on the last one and there are roughly 120 photos in it.
We started and ended in Munich:
After the delivery, we headed straight to Austria. An overnight in Zell am See and then the Grossglockner drive, visiting Heiligenblut along the way.
After that, three nights in the Dolomites at a beautiful hotel above Ortisei - the Uhrerhof Deur.
We had intended to spend 3-4 nights total in Switzerland, but as it turned out we only spent one night - on the way to Lake Como. I was a little bummed as I really wanted to go back to the Berner Oberland (and especially that my Mom see it) but it would have been miserable.
We ended up spending 6 nights on Lake Como instead of the planned four nights. A cold and rainy front stalled over the Alps so we decided to stay put. We saw a lot of villas and went for a seaplane ride.
We made it to Milan for one day during the stay on Lake Como.
And here are the "best of" if you'd rather pare down your viewing time.
A very long overdue thank you to Hausfrau, PJA, Steve James, Ingo, Schuler, Gruezi, and no doubt other folks I'm going to be embarrassed I left out - so a huge thank you to everyone who gave me tips on our Ultimate Road Trip experience.
Can you guess why I named her Hannah Belle? (should be pretty easy...)
Hannah Belle crosses the Alps
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 Sardinia in July
- 3 Foggia Day Trip
- 4 Barcelona to Positano
- 5 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 6 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 7 15 days in Central Europe
- 8 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 9 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 10 London Evening Activity
- 11 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 12 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 13 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 14 Paris Recommendations
- 15 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 16 Suggestions for France Italy
- 17 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 20 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 21 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 22 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 23 France by rail or car?
- 24 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 25 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro