A very long overdue update on our trip to Germany/ Austria/ Switzerland/Italy last May and June. Right now I will just post photos, I'll update with details later. I hope you enjoy the photos!
A year ago this very week I had put in an order for a new BMW convertible (Hannah Belle) and I took delivery in Munich in late May. I took my Mom with me on the trip.
Here are some photos from our 16 night adventure. The very last set below is the "best of" so if you cannot stomach going through all the different sets, just click on the last one and there are roughly 120 photos in it.
We started and ended in Munich:
After the delivery, we headed straight to Austria. An overnight in Zell am See and then the Grossglockner drive, visiting Heiligenblut along the way.
After that, three nights in the Dolomites at a beautiful hotel above Ortisei - the Uhrerhof Deur.
We had intended to spend 3-4 nights total in Switzerland, but as it turned out we only spent one night - on the way to Lake Como. I was a little bummed as I really wanted to go back to the Berner Oberland (and especially that my Mom see it) but it would have been miserable.
We ended up spending 6 nights on Lake Como instead of the planned four nights. A cold and rainy front stalled over the Alps so we decided to stay put. We saw a lot of villas and went for a seaplane ride.
We made it to Milan for one day during the stay on Lake Como.
And here are the "best of" if you'd rather pare down your viewing time.
A very long overdue thank you to Hausfrau, PJA, Steve James, Ingo, Schuler, Gruezi, and no doubt other folks I'm going to be embarrassed I left out - so a huge thank you to everyone who gave me tips on our Ultimate Road Trip experience.
Can you guess why I named her Hannah Belle? (should be pretty easy...)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 2 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 3 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 4 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 5 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 6 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 7 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 8 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 9 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 10 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 20 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 21 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 22 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 23 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 24 2 weeks Europe trip
- 25 Need Information about French Alps