A very long overdue update on our trip to Germany/ Austria/ Switzerland/Italy last May and June. Right now I will just post photos, I'll update with details later. I hope you enjoy the photos!
A year ago this very week I had put in an order for a new BMW convertible (Hannah Belle) and I took delivery in Munich in late May. I took my Mom with me on the trip.
Here are some photos from our 16 night adventure. The very last set below is the "best of" so if you cannot stomach going through all the different sets, just click on the last one and there are roughly 120 photos in it.
We started and ended in Munich:
After the delivery, we headed straight to Austria. An overnight in Zell am See and then the Grossglockner drive, visiting Heiligenblut along the way.
After that, three nights in the Dolomites at a beautiful hotel above Ortisei - the Uhrerhof Deur.
We had intended to spend 3-4 nights total in Switzerland, but as it turned out we only spent one night - on the way to Lake Como. I was a little bummed as I really wanted to go back to the Berner Oberland (and especially that my Mom see it) but it would have been miserable.
We ended up spending 6 nights on Lake Como instead of the planned four nights. A cold and rainy front stalled over the Alps so we decided to stay put. We saw a lot of villas and went for a seaplane ride.
We made it to Milan for one day during the stay on Lake Como.
And here are the "best of" if you'd rather pare down your viewing time.
A very long overdue thank you to Hausfrau, PJA, Steve James, Ingo, Schuler, Gruezi, and no doubt other folks I'm going to be embarrassed I left out - so a huge thank you to everyone who gave me tips on our Ultimate Road Trip experience.
Can you guess why I named her Hannah Belle? (should be pretty easy...)
Hannah Belle crosses the Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Belfast
- 2 How long in Venice?
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 5 Connections at CDG
- 6 Hotel in Rome?
- 7 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 8 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 9 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 10 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 11 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 12 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 13 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 14 granada to algarve
- 15 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 16 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 17 Ireland driving vacation
- 18 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 19 Cotswolds village base
- 20 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 21 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 22 Normandy in October
- 23 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 24 I went to Paris in June
- 25 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls