A very long overdue update on our trip to Germany/ Austria/ Switzerland/Italy last May and June. Right now I will just post photos, I'll update with details later. I hope you enjoy the photos!
A year ago this very week I had put in an order for a new BMW convertible (Hannah Belle) and I took delivery in Munich in late May. I took my Mom with me on the trip.
Here are some photos from our 16 night adventure. The very last set below is the "best of" so if you cannot stomach going through all the different sets, just click on the last one and there are roughly 120 photos in it.
We started and ended in Munich:
After the delivery, we headed straight to Austria. An overnight in Zell am See and then the Grossglockner drive, visiting Heiligenblut along the way.
After that, three nights in the Dolomites at a beautiful hotel above Ortisei - the Uhrerhof Deur.
We had intended to spend 3-4 nights total in Switzerland, but as it turned out we only spent one night - on the way to Lake Como. I was a little bummed as I really wanted to go back to the Berner Oberland (and especially that my Mom see it) but it would have been miserable.
We ended up spending 6 nights on Lake Como instead of the planned four nights. A cold and rainy front stalled over the Alps so we decided to stay put. We saw a lot of villas and went for a seaplane ride.
We made it to Milan for one day during the stay on Lake Como.
And here are the "best of" if you'd rather pare down your viewing time.
A very long overdue thank you to Hausfrau, PJA, Steve James, Ingo, Schuler, Gruezi, and no doubt other folks I'm going to be embarrassed I left out - so a huge thank you to everyone who gave me tips on our Ultimate Road Trip experience.
Can you guess why I named her Hannah Belle? (should be pretty easy...)
Hannah Belle crosses the Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 2 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 3 Portugal Trip
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 6 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 7 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 8 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 9 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 10 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 11 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 12 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 13 Reputable Tours
- 14 Spain traffic tickets
- 15 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 16 Salzburg and day trips
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 19 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 20 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 21 Germany Questions
- 22 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 23 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 24 Museums in Berlin
- 25 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm