To catch you up, my wife and I will be travelling mainly through Germany, Austria and Prague for six weeks during May and June 2013.
I thought we had the majority of Germany covered with out planned 25 days there. However, on further investigation I found that we will be seeing neither the Rhine River nor the Black Forest areas.
Currently our itinerary has us spending our final 3 nights in Germany visiting Hamburg before heading to Cologne for a quick train change and on to Bruges.
The only city on our itinerary that I am not really au fait with is Hamburg. So my question is:
Should we still stay in Hamburg for the 3 nights and forego the Rhine and Black Forest, or should we:
1. Spend the 3 nights in Cologne and take day trips along the Rhine and Heidelberg and then continue our trip from there to Bruges, or
2. Spend the 3 nights in Frankfurt where there are quite a number of day trips available to see the Rhine, Baden-Baden in the Black Forest and Heidelberg, as well as a short trip to Cologne to see the Cathedral etc.
We have heard that Hamburg is a bustling city and is big on night life. Our travelling habits are more about lots of sightseeing and lots of walking through the day and then we are usually in bed by 9pm. Given our travel habits, I am not sure that Hamburg would hold as much interest for us as perhaps visiting Cologne, Heidelberg, Baden-Baden and the Rhine / Moselle River region.
Any thoughts please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 2 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 3 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 4 Way of St. James
- 5 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 6 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 7 Norway in November
- 8 Megadrox Reviews: The Powerfull Muscle Builder Formula
- 9 Help us to know Italians! :^)
- 10 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 11 Best locally frequented places to eat.
- 12 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 13 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 14 Weight-dimini
- 15 http://thedropnet.com/testoboost-pro/
- 16 Urgently need help contacting mytrip.com
- 17 and bile resistant traces, 15 probiotic traces
- 18 Using Navigo on Transilien P
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 20 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 21 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 22 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 23 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 24 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 25 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship