Hubby and I are heading to Salzburg in early Oct and I'm trying to decide on whether it's achievable to visit Hallstatt and the lake (Wolfgansee) area in 1 day or should we spend 1 day in Hallstatt and 1 day in the Lake area.
We will be using public transport. We're not interesting hiking, as we'd rather "stroll" around enjoying the scenery and perhaps go on the cog train or cable car in the lake area.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 4 days in Provence in early June
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 France Itinerary Advice
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 7 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 8 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 9 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 10 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 11 Leather goods in Florence
- 12 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 13 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 16 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 17 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 18 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 19 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 20 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 21 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 22 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 23 French election
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid