On May 2016 we will be visiting Italy, thrilling to see Venice and CT, and are now researching other places since 7-10 days are enough to explore other cities / villages than Venice and CT (like Verona which looks like it is definitely worth a day).
We'll have 7-10 days, depending on the plan.
I was looking into Bologna and Florence as optional stops between Venice or Verona to CT, but actually wasn't quite thrilled about them as I was when looking into Venice.
Therefore, I am considering taking the Train from Venice (or Verona if we visit it), to one of the CT Villages (since on May it's recommended to stay in the CT, as far as I read).
I see that the Train from Verona to Vernazza around 5:15 hours, 3 hours more than the one from Florence to Vernazza.
There's a 5hrs train that departs Verona Porta Nuova at 13:13 and arrives in Vernazza at 18:12, which means we could still enjoy 3 hours in Verona in the morning (9am - 12pm), and the late evening in Vernazza (8pm-10pm).
In your eyes, would it be a 'pity' to spend half a day (5-6 hour) on the train from Verona to CT (e.g. Vernazza)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 3 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Zurich to Milan trip
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 8 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 San Sebastián
- 14 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 24 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales