On May 2016 we will be visiting Italy, thrilling to see Venice and CT, and are now researching other places since 7-10 days are enough to explore other cities / villages than Venice and CT (like Verona which looks like it is definitely worth a day).
We'll have 7-10 days, depending on the plan.
I was looking into Bologna and Florence as optional stops between Venice or Verona to CT, but actually wasn't quite thrilled about them as I was when looking into Venice.
Therefore, I am considering taking the Train from Venice (or Verona if we visit it), to one of the CT Villages (since on May it's recommended to stay in the CT, as far as I read).
I see that the Train from Verona to Vernazza around 5:15 hours, 3 hours more than the one from Florence to Vernazza.
There's a 5hrs train that departs Verona Porta Nuova at 13:13 and arrives in Vernazza at 18:12, which means we could still enjoy 3 hours in Verona in the morning (9am - 12pm), and the late evening in Vernazza (8pm-10pm).
In your eyes, would it be a 'pity' to spend half a day (5-6 hour) on the train from Verona to CT (e.g. Vernazza)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 3 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 4 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 10 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 11 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 12 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 13 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 14 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 15 Skye to Edinburgh
- 16 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 17 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Flat in London
- 20 Trip to Rome
- 21 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 24 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 25 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik