On May 2016 we will be visiting Italy, thrilling to see Venice and CT, and are now researching other places since 7-10 days are enough to explore other cities / villages than Venice and CT (like Verona which looks like it is definitely worth a day).
We'll have 7-10 days, depending on the plan.
I was looking into Bologna and Florence as optional stops between Venice or Verona to CT, but actually wasn't quite thrilled about them as I was when looking into Venice.
Therefore, I am considering taking the Train from Venice (or Verona if we visit it), to one of the CT Villages (since on May it's recommended to stay in the CT, as far as I read).
I see that the Train from Verona to Vernazza around 5:15 hours, 3 hours more than the one from Florence to Vernazza.
There's a 5hrs train that departs Verona Porta Nuova at 13:13 and arrives in Vernazza at 18:12, which means we could still enjoy 3 hours in Verona in the morning (9am - 12pm), and the late evening in Vernazza (8pm-10pm).
In your eyes, would it be a 'pity' to spend half a day (5-6 hour) on the train from Verona to CT (e.g. Vernazza)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 2 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 3 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Rental car in Menton
- 6 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 7 Barcelona and...
- 8 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 9 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 10 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 11 February in Florence
- 12 Praiana to Positano
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 Family vacation to europe
- 18 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 19 Day in Madrid
- 20 charming cities in Spain
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 24 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 25 Spain during Holy Week