On May 2016 we will be visiting Italy, thrilling to see Venice and CT, and are now researching other places since 7-10 days are enough to explore other cities / villages than Venice and CT (like Verona which looks like it is definitely worth a day).
We'll have 7-10 days, depending on the plan.
I was looking into Bologna and Florence as optional stops between Venice or Verona to CT, but actually wasn't quite thrilled about them as I was when looking into Venice.
Therefore, I am considering taking the Train from Venice (or Verona if we visit it), to one of the CT Villages (since on May it's recommended to stay in the CT, as far as I read).
I see that the Train from Verona to Vernazza around 5:15 hours, 3 hours more than the one from Florence to Vernazza.
There's a 5hrs train that departs Verona Porta Nuova at 13:13 and arrives in Vernazza at 18:12, which means we could still enjoy 3 hours in Verona in the morning (9am - 12pm), and the late evening in Vernazza (8pm-10pm).
In your eyes, would it be a 'pity' to spend half a day (5-6 hour) on the train from Verona to CT (e.g. Vernazza)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 3 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 4 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 9 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 12 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 16 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 17 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 18 Hotels in Turin
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 21 Best layover option
- 22 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 23 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?