In Italy, one can order a mezzo (half-bottle) and quarto (quarter-bottle) of wine at most restaurants.
I seem to recall that can be done in in France, too.
What are the correct French words?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 6 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 7 10 day Greek Island trip
- 8 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 9 Portugal itinerary help
- 10 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 11 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 12 Lisbon NYE
- 13 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 14 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 15 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Need help in travel planning
- 18 French immersion courses in France
- 19 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 20 Puglia or La Langhe
- 21 Visiting Spain in January
- 22 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 23 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome