In Italy, one can order a mezzo (half-bottle) and quarto (quarter-bottle) of wine at most restaurants.
I seem to recall that can be done in in France, too.
What are the correct French words?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 2 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 3 One Way... trust or bust?
- 4 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 5 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 6 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 7 American Style Restaurants in London
- 8 Walking GPS?
- 9 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 10 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 11 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 12 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 15 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 16 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 17 Portugal trains
- 18 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 19 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 20 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 23 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 24 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 25 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?