I am looking to buy online a hair straightener that I can use while I'm in Europe. Specifically, I will be in Italy, Northern Ireland, and Dublin. I do NOT want to use a US straightener with a voltage converter or a dual-voltage straightener. I want a straightener that is made for Europe with a European plug. I have tried the expensive voltage converters before and the straightener still burned out and also tried a dual voltage straightener which I didn't like.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plugs in Northern Ireland are the 3 prong plugs and then Italy and Dublin are both the 2 prong plugs? I heard about a kind of straightener that has the 3 prongs, but you can remove one for using in the countries with 2 prongs? If any one has any advice or information on directing me to where I can buy a good straightener for Europe, I would really appreciate it.
Is the voltage the same in these three places that I can use just a regular plug converter between the 2 prong/3 prong places without worrying about blowing it out?
Please help, I'd like to buy this online ASAP. Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Studying art in English in venice
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 6 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Trogir or Split
- 19 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 25 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris