I am looking to buy online a hair straightener that I can use while I'm in Europe. Specifically, I will be in Italy, Northern Ireland, and Dublin. I do NOT want to use a US straightener with a voltage converter or a dual-voltage straightener. I want a straightener that is made for Europe with a European plug. I have tried the expensive voltage converters before and the straightener still burned out and also tried a dual voltage straightener which I didn't like.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plugs in Northern Ireland are the 3 prong plugs and then Italy and Dublin are both the 2 prong plugs? I heard about a kind of straightener that has the 3 prongs, but you can remove one for using in the countries with 2 prongs? If any one has any advice or information on directing me to where I can buy a good straightener for Europe, I would really appreciate it.
Is the voltage the same in these three places that I can use just a regular plug converter between the 2 prong/3 prong places without worrying about blowing it out?
Please help, I'd like to buy this online ASAP. Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First visit to London
- 2 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 3 ATM
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 ATM help
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 9 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 10 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 11 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 12 Spain Itinerary
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 15 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 16 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 17 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 22 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 23 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 24 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 25 International drivers permit