I am looking to buy online a hair straightener that I can use while I'm in Europe. Specifically, I will be in Italy, Northern Ireland, and Dublin. I do NOT want to use a US straightener with a voltage converter or a dual-voltage straightener. I want a straightener that is made for Europe with a European plug. I have tried the expensive voltage converters before and the straightener still burned out and also tried a dual voltage straightener which I didn't like.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plugs in Northern Ireland are the 3 prong plugs and then Italy and Dublin are both the 2 prong plugs? I heard about a kind of straightener that has the 3 prongs, but you can remove one for using in the countries with 2 prongs? If any one has any advice or information on directing me to where I can buy a good straightener for Europe, I would really appreciate it.
Is the voltage the same in these three places that I can use just a regular plug converter between the 2 prong/3 prong places without worrying about blowing it out?
Please help, I'd like to buy this online ASAP. Thank you!!!
Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 1 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 2 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 3 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 4 Help for first timers
- 5 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 6 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 7 Affordable London Hotel
- 8 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 9 Parisian Pickpockets
- 10 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 11 Paris Ticket t+
- 12 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 13 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 14 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 15 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 16 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 17 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 18 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 19 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 20 Benita In Paris
- 21 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 22 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 23 Driving through Europe
- 24 Romania Tour Guide
- 25 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia