I am looking to buy online a hair straightener that I can use while I'm in Europe. Specifically, I will be in Italy, Northern Ireland, and Dublin. I do NOT want to use a US straightener with a voltage converter or a dual-voltage straightener. I want a straightener that is made for Europe with a European plug. I have tried the expensive voltage converters before and the straightener still burned out and also tried a dual voltage straightener which I didn't like.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plugs in Northern Ireland are the 3 prong plugs and then Italy and Dublin are both the 2 prong plugs? I heard about a kind of straightener that has the 3 prongs, but you can remove one for using in the countries with 2 prongs? If any one has any advice or information on directing me to where I can buy a good straightener for Europe, I would really appreciate it.
Is the voltage the same in these three places that I can use just a regular plug converter between the 2 prong/3 prong places without worrying about blowing it out?
Please help, I'd like to buy this online ASAP. Thank you!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 We're here!
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 9 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Brugge hotel help
- 23 Five night Ireland Trip
- 24 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 10 days in Paris and......