My family are going to the Amalfi Coast for the Christmas holidays, and fly back home from Rome, plane leaving from Fiumicino at noon on New Year's Day. I read so much about the lovely fireworks around the Gulf of Naples, which I would really love to watch. IWe shall be having a hired car which we will leave in Fiumicino Airport in Rome. Has anyone been to any hotel near the Gulf of Naples, and in which town? I have found accomodation in Vico Equense, which is a small town not too far from Naples. Has anyone been there on New Year's Eve and would you get a good view of the fireworks from the town? I have managed to fina a hotel which has a good view of the Vesuvius. I would prefer not staying in the centre of Naples, as I have a small child with a disability. I would also consider a nice seafront hotel anywhere along the coast, as long as it has a great view of the Gulf of Naples, preferebly further up from Sorrento, since we have a long drive to Rome early in the morning on New Year's Day - we shall have to depart hotel at around 6.30am, does anyone know whether we would find traffic at that time? Any comments would be so much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 4 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 5 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 6 Lisbon trip report
- 7 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 8 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 11 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 12 Driving in Italy?
- 13 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 16 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Planning a European Trip
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 21 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 22 So much to do, so little time!
- 23 Tour of Northern Italy
- 24 Germany in December Trip Report
- 25 Naples, Italy