My family are going to the Amalfi Coast for the Christmas holidays, and fly back home from Rome, plane leaving from Fiumicino at noon on New Year's Day. I read so much about the lovely fireworks around the Gulf of Naples, which I would really love to watch. IWe shall be having a hired car which we will leave in Fiumicino Airport in Rome. Has anyone been to any hotel near the Gulf of Naples, and in which town? I have found accomodation in Vico Equense, which is a small town not too far from Naples. Has anyone been there on New Year's Eve and would you get a good view of the fireworks from the town? I have managed to fina a hotel which has a good view of the Vesuvius. I would prefer not staying in the centre of Naples, as I have a small child with a disability. I would also consider a nice seafront hotel anywhere along the coast, as long as it has a great view of the Gulf of Naples, preferebly further up from Sorrento, since we have a long drive to Rome early in the morning on New Year's Day - we shall have to depart hotel at around 6.30am, does anyone know whether we would find traffic at that time? Any comments would be so much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 Another tipping question: concierges
- 7 Escargots in Paris
- 8 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 9 We're here!
- 10 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 11 Trip Ideas
- 12 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 18 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 22 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents