Our family of four is starting our Italy vacation in Venice. We are two adults and two teenage boys. My husband is anxious to see Burano, Murano and especially Torcello. We arrive in Venice early afternoon and have two full days there afterwards. In order to maximize our time should we take one of the quickie tours of the islands or just ride the vaporettos and tour ourselves? I would prefer not to take a tour if the trip can be accomplished in a half day on our own. If we tour on our own, is it best to head out early in the morning or in the afternoon? Many thanks for the advice in advance.
Guided Tour of Burano, Murano, Torcello
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 3 France, Italy and Greec
- 4 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 5 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 9 Venice Banning Fodors
- 10 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 13 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 14 Eiffel tower tickets
- 15 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 16 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 20 Rome---August and September
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 24 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 25 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015