Our family of four is starting our Italy vacation in Venice. We are two adults and two teenage boys. My husband is anxious to see Burano, Murano and especially Torcello. We arrive in Venice early afternoon and have two full days there afterwards. In order to maximize our time should we take one of the quickie tours of the islands or just ride the vaporettos and tour ourselves? I would prefer not to take a tour if the trip can be accomplished in a half day on our own. If we tour on our own, is it best to head out early in the morning or in the afternoon? Many thanks for the advice in advance.
Guided Tour of Burano, Murano, Torcello
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 3 Questions for my German friends
- 4 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 5 London visit
- 6 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 7 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 8 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 9 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 12 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 22 Lofoten ferry
- 23 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?