Our family of four is starting our Italy vacation in Venice. We are two adults and two teenage boys. My husband is anxious to see Burano, Murano and especially Torcello. We arrive in Venice early afternoon and have two full days there afterwards. In order to maximize our time should we take one of the quickie tours of the islands or just ride the vaporettos and tour ourselves? I would prefer not to take a tour if the trip can be accomplished in a half day on our own. If we tour on our own, is it best to head out early in the morning or in the afternoon? Many thanks for the advice in advance.
Guided Tour of Burano, Murano, Torcello
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 2 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 American Express
- 8 Airport ATMs
- 9 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 10 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 11 Three ferries to Mull
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 15 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 22 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 23 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 24 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 25 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence