Our family of four is starting our Italy vacation in Venice. We are two adults and two teenage boys. My husband is anxious to see Burano, Murano and especially Torcello. We arrive in Venice early afternoon and have two full days there afterwards. In order to maximize our time should we take one of the quickie tours of the islands or just ride the vaporettos and tour ourselves? I would prefer not to take a tour if the trip can be accomplished in a half day on our own. If we tour on our own, is it best to head out early in the morning or in the afternoon? Many thanks for the advice in advance.
Guided Tour of Burano, Murano, Torcello
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 3 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 4 Spain - Andalucia
- 5 Gogartys, Dublin
- 6 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 7 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 Medieval Tallinn
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 12 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 London – five days with two teen boys
- 15 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 15 days in Europe,
- 20 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 21 Can romans help me?
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 Sicily 10 days