My husband and I plan to be in Istanbul from Oct. 14-18. It will be the last stop on our trip, as we're going to Cappadocia, Selcuk, and western Mediterranean first. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a guide for half day or all day on our first day in Istanbul. I don't think we need a guide to take us to major sights such as Topkapi, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. I assume we can do those satisfactorily on our own. I'm thinking, though, it might helpful to have someone take us through the Grand Bazaar, familiarize us with transportation and other basic information to help us get along on our own, and also take us to areas we might miss on our own. I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Thank you.
Guide in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 2 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 3 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 4 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 5 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 6 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 7 Dordogne lodging
- 8 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 9 Rocamaxour
- 10 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 11 Dordogne markets
- 12 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 13 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 14 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 15 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 16 England in 7 days
- 17 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 18 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 19 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 20 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 21 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 22 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 23 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 24 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip