My husband and I plan to be in Istanbul from Oct. 14-18. It will be the last stop on our trip, as we're going to Cappadocia, Selcuk, and western Mediterranean first. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a guide for half day or all day on our first day in Istanbul. I don't think we need a guide to take us to major sights such as Topkapi, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. I assume we can do those satisfactorily on our own. I'm thinking, though, it might helpful to have someone take us through the Grand Bazaar, familiarize us with transportation and other basic information to help us get along on our own, and also take us to areas we might miss on our own. I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Thank you.
Guide in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 3 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 Italy and Croatia
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 8 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 11 Five nights in Extremadura
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 14 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 15 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 16 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 17 trip to norway
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Where to go in France mid July?
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 A Greek sojourn