My husband and I plan to be in Istanbul from Oct. 14-18. It will be the last stop on our trip, as we're going to Cappadocia, Selcuk, and western Mediterranean first. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a guide for half day or all day on our first day in Istanbul. I don't think we need a guide to take us to major sights such as Topkapi, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. I assume we can do those satisfactorily on our own. I'm thinking, though, it might helpful to have someone take us through the Grand Bazaar, familiarize us with transportation and other basic information to help us get along on our own, and also take us to areas we might miss on our own. I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Thank you.
Guide in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 3 St Germain
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 Where to go in France mid July?
- 6 trip to norway
- 7 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 8 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 9 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 12 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 13 Cruise the River Shannon
- 14 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 15 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 16 Food tours in Rome?
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 Rome Food Tour
- 19 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 20 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 21 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 22 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 23 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 24 Help with England/Wales tour
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe