My husband and I plan to be in Istanbul from Oct. 14-18. It will be the last stop on our trip, as we're going to Cappadocia, Selcuk, and western Mediterranean first. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a guide for half day or all day on our first day in Istanbul. I don't think we need a guide to take us to major sights such as Topkapi, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. I assume we can do those satisfactorily on our own. I'm thinking, though, it might helpful to have someone take us through the Grand Bazaar, familiarize us with transportation and other basic information to help us get along on our own, and also take us to areas we might miss on our own. I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Thank you.
Guide in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Airport to Piraeus
- 4 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 5 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 10 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 11 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 12 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 13 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 14 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 15 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 16 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 17 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 18 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 19 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 20 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Riga 2014
- 23 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?