My husband and I plan to be in Istanbul from Oct. 14-18. It will be the last stop on our trip, as we're going to Cappadocia, Selcuk, and western Mediterranean first. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to have a guide for half day or all day on our first day in Istanbul. I don't think we need a guide to take us to major sights such as Topkapi, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia. I assume we can do those satisfactorily on our own. I'm thinking, though, it might helpful to have someone take us through the Grand Bazaar, familiarize us with transportation and other basic information to help us get along on our own, and also take us to areas we might miss on our own. I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Thank you.
Guide in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 2 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 5 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 UK for 12 days !
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 10 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 London hotel
- 13 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 16 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 17 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Hotel in Venice
- 22 hotels in Seville
- 23 London tube
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay