I have done my initial research and have part of a 3-week trip planned out. My BF and I will be traveling to Scotland, Ireland and England at the end of July/August this year. Scotland is planned out. I am looking for advice on must-do's for Ireland and England.
For Ireland, we will be based in Dublin for 5 dayswithout a car...if that helps with questions.
For England - we are going to be in Blackpool for a music festival for 4 days. After that we have 2 free days for sightseeing. I have been to London previously and would go back in a heartbeat, but I am unsure about distance, etc or if there are other sights closer and more convenient to Blackpool worth seeing. My BF has never been to England. We will not have a car there either. We have searched on various websites, but really arent sure what to do as each has given different information. I am looking for what the experts recommend here
Thanks in advance!
Guidance on "must sees" in Ireland and England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Eastern Europe
- 4 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 5 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 8 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 American Express
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 23 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.