Hello again, Fodorites!
The Itinerary is almost finalized, flight purchased, & most hotels booked.
AAA agent called yesterday to tell me there is a sale on the Swiss Pass for the entire month of May.
Please critique. Any suggestions for making transportation flow well will be much appreciated.
Very special thanks to Ingo, Swandav, kja, PalenQ, and Melnq8!! So here goes:
1-3 Geneva Lake area, looking at Geneva, Ouchy, and Gruyères/Fribourg those nights.
4-6 With friends near Montreux
31 flight home to USA
Planning this trip has been so much fun, but there are so many details to research. The hiking
will be magnificent, broken up by Lake venues and only a few museums. (sigh...)
But many churches and small town areas to explore in several different Cantons. Exploring Old Town areas will help satisfy our inner gypsy.
It has been fun along the way to learn the correct pronunciation of these places, from Wengen, Mönch, & Mannlichen-Kleine-Scheidigg to Chur and wanderenkarte, panoramaweg.
I am wondering if it will be too long on Day 28 all the way from Chur (via postbus connection) to where we will lay our heads, but the getting there will be glorious.
I had not planned on taking the William Tell from Luzern, but just read that the first part is a boat across Lake Luzern, then the train to Locarno. Looks like a bus from there to Ascona?
One very fun plus is that the Celerina Film Festival will be happening days 19-21. The online picture advertisement shows a jazz group playing on the belvedere of Muottas Muragl. Now there's one that I can't pronounce yet!
Where to stay in Ouchy, Gruyères, Stein-am-Rhine, and Zurich? Most hotels are around 200-250CHF, but less is better!
You guys & gals are the greatest!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 4 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 5 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 6 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 7 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 8 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 9 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 10 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 11 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 12 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 13 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 14 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 15 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 16 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 17 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 18 Piedmont as a destination
- 19 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 20 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 21 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 22 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 23 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence
Hello again, Fodorites!