Hello again, Fodorites!
The Itinerary is almost finalized, flight purchased, & most hotels booked.
AAA agent called yesterday to tell me there is a sale on the Swiss Pass for the entire month of May.
Please critique. Any suggestions for making transportation flow well will be much appreciated.
Very special thanks to Ingo, Swandav, kja, PalenQ, and Melnq8!! So here goes:
1-3 Geneva Lake area, looking at Geneva, Ouchy, and Gruyères/Fribourg those nights.
4-6 With friends near Montreux
31 flight home to USA
Planning this trip has been so much fun, but there are so many details to research. The hiking
will be magnificent, broken up by Lake venues and only a few museums. (sigh...)
But many churches and small town areas to explore in several different Cantons. Exploring Old Town areas will help satisfy our inner gypsy.
It has been fun along the way to learn the correct pronunciation of these places, from Wengen, Mönch, & Mannlichen-Kleine-Scheidigg to Chur and wanderenkarte, panoramaweg.
I am wondering if it will be too long on Day 28 all the way from Chur (via postbus connection) to where we will lay our heads, but the getting there will be glorious.
I had not planned on taking the William Tell from Luzern, but just read that the first part is a boat across Lake Luzern, then the train to Locarno. Looks like a bus from there to Ascona?
One very fun plus is that the Celerina Film Festival will be happening days 19-21. The online picture advertisement shows a jazz group playing on the belvedere of Muottas Muragl. Now there's one that I can't pronounce yet!
Where to stay in Ouchy, Gruyères, Stein-am-Rhine, and Zurich? Most hotels are around 200-250CHF, but less is better!
You guys & gals are the greatest!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신천지 릴 게임 ● 연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 4 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 11 Sim Cards
- 12 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Portugal rental car
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 17 IWM
- 18 London Hotel - Different Request
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 3 nights in Madrid
- 21 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 22 Travelling Iceland
- 23 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 24 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 25 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
Hello again, Fodorites!