Hello again, Fodorites!
The Itinerary is almost finalized, flight purchased, & most hotels booked.
AAA agent called yesterday to tell me there is a sale on the Swiss Pass for the entire month of May.
Please critique. Any suggestions for making transportation flow well will be much appreciated.
Very special thanks to Ingo, Swandav, kja, PalenQ, and Melnq8!! So here goes:
1-3 Geneva Lake area, looking at Geneva, Ouchy, and Gruyères/Fribourg those nights.
4-6 With friends near Montreux
31 flight home to USA
Planning this trip has been so much fun, but there are so many details to research. The hiking
will be magnificent, broken up by Lake venues and only a few museums. (sigh...)
But many churches and small town areas to explore in several different Cantons. Exploring Old Town areas will help satisfy our inner gypsy.
It has been fun along the way to learn the correct pronunciation of these places, from Wengen, Mönch, & Mannlichen-Kleine-Scheidigg to Chur and wanderenkarte, panoramaweg.
I am wondering if it will be too long on Day 28 all the way from Chur (via postbus connection) to where we will lay our heads, but the getting there will be glorious.
I had not planned on taking the William Tell from Luzern, but just read that the first part is a boat across Lake Luzern, then the train to Locarno. Looks like a bus from there to Ascona?
One very fun plus is that the Celerina Film Festival will be happening days 19-21. The online picture advertisement shows a jazz group playing on the belvedere of Muottas Muragl. Now there's one that I can't pronounce yet!
Where to stay in Ouchy, Gruyères, Stein-am-Rhine, and Zurich? Most hotels are around 200-250CHF, but less is better!
You guys & gals are the greatest!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Juangfrau / mt
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
Hello again, Fodorites!