Hello again, Fodorites!
The Itinerary is almost finalized, flight purchased, & most hotels booked.
AAA agent called yesterday to tell me there is a sale on the Swiss Pass for the entire month of May.
Please critique. Any suggestions for making transportation flow well will be much appreciated.
Very special thanks to Ingo, Swandav, kja, PalenQ, and Melnq8!! So here goes:
1-3 Geneva Lake area, looking at Geneva, Ouchy, and Gruyères/Fribourg those nights.
4-6 With friends near Montreux
31 flight home to USA
Planning this trip has been so much fun, but there are so many details to research. The hiking
will be magnificent, broken up by Lake venues and only a few museums. (sigh...)
But many churches and small town areas to explore in several different Cantons. Exploring Old Town areas will help satisfy our inner gypsy.
It has been fun along the way to learn the correct pronunciation of these places, from Wengen, Mönch, & Mannlichen-Kleine-Scheidigg to Chur and wanderenkarte, panoramaweg.
I am wondering if it will be too long on Day 28 all the way from Chur (via postbus connection) to where we will lay our heads, but the getting there will be glorious.
I had not planned on taking the William Tell from Luzern, but just read that the first part is a boat across Lake Luzern, then the train to Locarno. Looks like a bus from there to Ascona?
One very fun plus is that the Celerina Film Festival will be happening days 19-21. The online picture advertisement shows a jazz group playing on the belvedere of Muottas Muragl. Now there's one that I can't pronounce yet!
Where to stay in Ouchy, Gruyères, Stein-am-Rhine, and Zurich? Most hotels are around 200-250CHF, but less is better!
You guys & gals are the greatest!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 3 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 8 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 9 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Italian lakes
- 12 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 17 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 18 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 19 10 day Italy
- 20 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Prague itinerary advice
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Santorini lodging
- 25 Ireland
Hello again, Fodorites!