I previously asked if I should be concerned about a ground level apartment on the Grand Canal (it is on the same level as the canal), which I'm considering renting for 6 nights the last week of September. Specifically, I asked if I should be concerned about morning noise from boats and potential for flooding. I already received the excellent suggestion that if the fridge is on a platform, that's a sign of potential flooding and I shouldn't rent the place. In the photos I've seen, the fridge is not on a platform, so that's encouraging.
I'd just like to know if anyone has had any other negative experiences or advice specific to ground-level apartments in Venice, especially one situated on a canal. For instance--odors or plumbing issues? Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question--I've never been to Venice!
The apartment I'm considering has its own water door on the Grand Canal, and there appears to be only a tiny foyer separating the water door from the rest of the apartment (no second door betw the foyer and the rest of the apt). But the apartment itself looks lovely (and is not cheap!) I haven't seen any negative reviews of this place on TripAdvisor or elsewhere (other than a minor, administrativey-type complaint), and there are several positive reviews.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Install: PANDA Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 **SECURITY 24*7
- 2 Stuck in Paris
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 6 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 7 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ex-pats with young kids
- 13 Iceland france spain
- 14 Ludwig Castles
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 19 Paris hotel
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Spanish food - not that special?
- 22 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 23 Maximizing Norway time
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?