Our initial plan was to drive the Grossglockner Road from Mittenwald via Bruck until Heiligenblut, where we will stay overnight. Then the next day we want to continue to Hallstatt. Will we miss a lot if we don't go all the way to Lienz, because as I understand it, the Grossglockner Drive is from Bruck -> Lienz.?
The other option is to go Mittenwald --> Lienz --> Heiligenblut --> Bruck, and then overnight at Zell Am See. Next day we would continue on to Hallstatt. This route is a bit longer than the above one.
Any advice? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 2 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 3 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 4 February in Florence
- 5 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 6 Praiana to Positano
- 7 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Barcelona and...
- 10 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 11 Canal du Midi
- 12 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 13 Family vacation to europe
- 14 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 15 Day in Madrid
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 charming cities in Spain
- 18 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 19 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 20 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 21 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 22 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 23 Spain during Holy Week
- 24 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 25 Le Marche Research Help