Our initial plan was to drive the Grossglockner Road from Mittenwald via Bruck until Heiligenblut, where we will stay overnight. Then the next day we want to continue to Hallstatt. Will we miss a lot if we don't go all the way to Lienz, because as I understand it, the Grossglockner Drive is from Bruck -> Lienz.?
The other option is to go Mittenwald --> Lienz --> Heiligenblut --> Bruck, and then overnight at Zell Am See. Next day we would continue on to Hallstatt. This route is a bit longer than the above one.
Any advice? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - We're Here!
- 2 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 3 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Cappadocia in June
- 6 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 7 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 8 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 9 Krakow
- 10 Lisbon
- 11 Amsterdam
- 12 Travelling Iceland
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 15 Moscow Favorites
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 20 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 21 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 22 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam