We are visiting Zell am See for 2 nights and expect to use our full day in the area to drive our rental car over the Grossglockner Alpenstrasse. Does anyone know the length of the Alpenstrasse? How long does it take to drive the Alpenstrasse? I understand that there are many stops for views and excursions to particular sites. Is it likely that the driving tour will require the entire day if we leave Zell am See at 9 am?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Day trips from Lisbon
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Italian Lakes
- 7 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 8 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 9 3 weeks (actually 20 nights!) in Spain
- 10 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 11 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 12 No Pooh in Poland
- 13 Another Paris apartment and Navigo Dcouverte thread
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 16 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 17 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 18 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 19 Taormina Sicily
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Which West & East European Countries give the best bang for the buck?
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 24 Naxos in May
- 25 European Travel websites