6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 2 Pousadas
- 3 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 4 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 5 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 7 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 8 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 9 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 10 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 11 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 12 Scotland
- 13 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 14 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 15 Change in Travel
- 16 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 17 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 18 ireland
- 19 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 20 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 21 Some Ireland enjoyment tips
- 22 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 23 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 24 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 25 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?