6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 2 What to wear
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 5 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 6 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 7 Buying Masks in Venice
- 8 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 9 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 10 Mask Making in Venice
- 11 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 12 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 13 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 14 Fashion for larger man?
- 15 Eating in France-two new books
- 16 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 25 Madrid and London