6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 2 Fun, free language website
- 3 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 4 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 5 Bike touring in France
- 6 Does this sound feasible?
- 7 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 8 Tour Group Operators
- 9 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 10 I'm in a funk
- 11 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 12 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 13 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 14 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 15 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 16 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 17 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 18 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 21 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 22 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 23 BMW European Delivery program
- 24 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 25 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD