6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Packing Meds Abroad?
- 2 Mont St. Michele?
- 3 a nice city break in september for 4 days?
- 4 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 5 Revisit someplace you've already been or go somewhere new?
- 6 Andalucia itinerary help
- 7 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 8 Berlin: evening dining
- 9 Three nights in August - Valencia or Seville??
- 10 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 11 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 12 Alhambra questions
- 13 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 14 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 15 Airbnb
- 16 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 17 Running of the Bulls and Tour de France
- 18 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 19 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 20 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 21 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 22 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 23 Suggestions for Jersey (Channel Islands)
- 24 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 25 Best london location to stay?