6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 2 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 6 American Express
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 9 Story of the German Christmas star
- 10 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Airport ATMs
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 22 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 23 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 24 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 25 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma