6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 2 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 6 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 7 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 8 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 9 Itinerary for Spain
- 10 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 11 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 12 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 13 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 14 2 different itineraries
- 15 Recommend a tour company?
- 16 Itinerary help
- 17 England in 7 days
- 18 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 19 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 20 Day Trips from Paris
- 21 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 22 Spanish Music
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 25 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein