6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 2 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 3 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 4 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 5 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 Spain traffic tickets
- 8 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 9 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 10 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #10 - Martin Luther in Germany
- 12 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 Museums in Berlin
- 15 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 16 Italy - Transportation from MXP to Rome
- 17 Skiing in France
- 18 Beware of Best and Fast Change
- 19 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 20 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Hotel developments Como
- 23 The Newly Reopened Picasso Museum in Paris
- 24 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 25 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015