6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 4 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 5 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 6 Christmas in Munich
- 7 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 10 Eleanor's Pages
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 13 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 14 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 15 Moving to Belfast
- 16 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 17 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 18 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 19 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 20 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 21 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 22 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 23 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 24 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid