6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 2 Normandy in October
- 3 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 4 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 5 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 6 I went to Paris in June
- 7 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 8 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 9 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls
- 10 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 11 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 12 Christmas Markets and White Christmas in the Alps
- 13 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 14 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?
- 17 Florence Hotel Location advice pls
- 18 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 19 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 20 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 21 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 22 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 23 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 24 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 25 Brugge photo on Bing