6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 10 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 19 London hotel
- 20 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan