6 adults are flying from the USA into Zurich and traveling by train to Grindelwald as our base for a 4 day holiday. Once there, we hope to take the train to Jungfraujoch (weather permitting) one day, and perhaps do some other sightseeing using aerial trams and trains another day. What train pass should we purchase to give us maximum discounts? There seem to be many options and I am thoroughly confused: do I buy a Swiss Pass? What extra costs will we incur? DO I book Jungfraujoch trains in advance and how do I do this? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Grindelwald winter excursion--train travel advisement needed
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Burg Eltz
- 3 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 4 Germany-berlin marathon
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 7 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 8 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 9 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 10 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 14 itinerary help
- 15 9 days in turkey
- 16 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Nice Video about Poland
- 19 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 20 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 23 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Toulouse and beyond -