Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 2 Charles Degaulle question
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 5 Austria
- 6 Renting a car in Florence
- 7 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 8 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 9 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 10 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 11 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 12 First time in Italy
- 13 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 14 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 15 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 16 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 17 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 18 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 19 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Train Help
- 22 Train rides
- 23 12 days in Austria
- 24 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 25 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice