Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Grindelwald – 3.5 days, two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 2 Eating in France-two new books
- 3 german rail ticket question
- 4 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 5 What to wear
- 6 London neighborhood suggestions
- 7 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 8 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 9 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 10 Buying Masks in Venice
- 11 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 12 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 13 Mask Making in Venice
- 14 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 15 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 16 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 17 Fashion for larger man?
- 18 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 19 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 24 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 25 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel