Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Grindelwald – 3.5 days, two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 10 days in England
- 4 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 5 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 6 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 7 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 8 Ayasofya Hotel
- 9 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 10 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 11 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 12 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 13 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 14 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 15 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 16 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 17 going to italy
- 18 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 19 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 22 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 25 Italy things to do?