Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to UK
- 2 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 3 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 6 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 15 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Electrical Power Conversion
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Douro Valley in January?
- 21 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 22 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 23 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald