Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Grindelwald – 3.5 days, two teen boys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 6 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 12 Vienna highlights
- 13 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 14 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 15 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 18 Seville hotels
- 19 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 20 Italy
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Reims for a day