Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 2 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 3 Vienna to Bratislava
- 4 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 1 way ticket
- 9 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 10 Scenic Driving Routes
- 11 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 12 Visiting Spain in January
- 13 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 14 What type of visa is right for me?
- 15 Paris---baguette question???
- 16 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 17 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 18 French immersion courses in France
- 19 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 20 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 21 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 22 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 23 Car Rentals
- 24 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 25 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt