Catching train Paris–Basel, Basel–Grindelwald arriving (all going well with connection) shortly after midday 24 Sept. (Tuesday).
Staying 4 nights.
Me with my sons (12 and 14). All active. From Australia (where mountains are few and not very high).
We will have been in London (5 nights), Paris (6 nights) and looking forward to being back in nature after city visits.
Arrival afternoon I thought we might take the gondola to First and the trotti bikes down. Will we have time for another short hike? Or maybe visit the sports centre?
I would also like advice on a semi-serious hike that will take in breathtaking scenery and give our lungs and legs a workout. I believe there's a hike from First to Schynigge Platte, but I've also read that many people feel it's better done in the other direction. Why is this? Isn't it the same trail?
Weather permitting we will go up the Jungfraujoch. Does this take the better part of a day?
On another day perhaps a trip to a lake and castle.
Grateful for any hints and tips.
We catch an early train to Italy on the Saturday.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 4 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 French restaurants
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Granada to Madrid
- 11 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 12 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 13 Tour groups
- 14 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 15 Baby Milk
- 16 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 17 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 18 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 23 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 24 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 25 Driving in Italy?