I've put up a new set of photos from our trip to Greenland - this time from our midnight sun kayaking trip from Ilulissat (known as Jakobshavn in Danish). At the darkest, it got to be about as dark as sunset. We were lucky we had good weather; no rain and no wind!
We arranged it the same day at the kayaking company office sitting right at the main intersection of Ilulissat. The cost of this 4-hour outing was about $250 per person, which seems pretty steep, They said some of the cost came from the need to provide dry suits and all the other equipment, not to mention guide and admin time. Being part of Denmark and in a remote location makes just about everything expensive in Greenland.
Here's the link to the photo gallery:
If you're really interested in details of the trip logistics, you can find a lot of info in the comments on my earlier post of aerial photos of the icefjord icebergs at sunset, at this link:
More posts on the way, about wildlife, Eqi glacier calving, and a big gallery of the best iceberg photos.
Hope you all enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 9 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 10 Salzburg itinerary review
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking