We had a great trip to Greenland this summer. This second part of my trip report has photos from touring around the villages and towns in Greenland. We visited Ilulissat (known as Jakobshavn in Danish), Oqaatsut, and Disko Island. The puppies were cute, the houses colorful, and the kids crazy enough to swim in Disko Bay.
The trip was about 10 days, with much of the time spent around Ilulissat. We did a lot of (highly expensive!) excursions since we knew this would probably be our only trip there. We took a sight-seeing flight, kayaked between the icebergs at midnight, and did some hiking.
The first part of the trip report, with spectacular aerial photos of icebergs and glaciers, was posted on this forum a couple of weeks ago:
You can find a lot of details about the trip in the first report, especially in the comments section.
More photo galleries of Greenland coming soon, including one on kayaking, one on animals, and one on just icebergs at sunset.
Hope you enjoy!
PS - Thanks to everyone for all the compliments and kind comments on my last report!
PPS - Unfortunately, Fodor's does not have a tag for Greenland at all, so I'm using Iceland as the tag for this one. Really they are completely different. The traditional way of life is still very common in Greenland, while Iceland is completely modernized. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 2 cheap food in london
- 3 Eating Indian In London
- 4 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 12 K-Day
- 13 ATM at airport
- 14 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Flat in London
- 17 Lay over time
- 18 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 25 Spain in December
Greenland in Photos: Puppies, and Swimming with Icbergs