We had a great trip to Greenland this summer. This second part of my trip report has photos from touring around the villages and towns in Greenland. We visited Ilulissat (known as Jakobshavn in Danish), Oqaatsut, and Disko Island. The puppies were cute, the houses colorful, and the kids crazy enough to swim in Disko Bay.
The trip was about 10 days, with much of the time spent around Ilulissat. We did a lot of (highly expensive!) excursions since we knew this would probably be our only trip there. We took a sight-seeing flight, kayaked between the icebergs at midnight, and did some hiking.
The first part of the trip report, with spectacular aerial photos of icebergs and glaciers, was posted on this forum a couple of weeks ago:
You can find a lot of details about the trip in the first report, especially in the comments section.
More photo galleries of Greenland coming soon, including one on kayaking, one on animals, and one on just icebergs at sunset.
Hope you enjoy!
PS - Thanks to everyone for all the compliments and kind comments on my last report!
PPS - Unfortunately, Fodor's does not have a tag for Greenland at all, so I'm using Iceland as the tag for this one. Really they are completely different. The traditional way of life is still very common in Greenland, while Iceland is completely modernized. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바둑tv =접_속:【"ttx983.com"】추천인:지퍼
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Luggage storage Vienna railway
- 5 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 6 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 7 Another Question re Scotland
- 8 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 9 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 12 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 13 Tattoos in Italy
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 16 Place to stay
- 17 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 18 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 23 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 24 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 25 2 weeks from southern italy
Greenland in Photos: Puppies, and Swimming with Icbergs