We had a great trip to Greenland this summer. This second part of my trip report has photos from touring around the villages and towns in Greenland. We visited Ilulissat (known as Jakobshavn in Danish), Oqaatsut, and Disko Island. The puppies were cute, the houses colorful, and the kids crazy enough to swim in Disko Bay.
The trip was about 10 days, with much of the time spent around Ilulissat. We did a lot of (highly expensive!) excursions since we knew this would probably be our only trip there. We took a sight-seeing flight, kayaked between the icebergs at midnight, and did some hiking.
The first part of the trip report, with spectacular aerial photos of icebergs and glaciers, was posted on this forum a couple of weeks ago:
You can find a lot of details about the trip in the first report, especially in the comments section.
More photo galleries of Greenland coming soon, including one on kayaking, one on animals, and one on just icebergs at sunset.
Hope you enjoy!
PS - Thanks to everyone for all the compliments and kind comments on my last report!
PPS - Unfortunately, Fodor's does not have a tag for Greenland at all, so I'm using Iceland as the tag for this one. Really they are completely different. The traditional way of life is still very common in Greenland, while Iceland is completely modernized. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 4 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 5 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 9 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 10 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 11 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 12 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 13 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 14 Italy in January?
- 15 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 16 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Piedmont question
- 22 Insurance on rental car options
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary
Greenland in Photos: Puppies, and Swimming with Icbergs