Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 Lake Como,Italy
- 3 Europe for Beginners
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Paris to Bordeaux
- 6 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 9 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 10 Germany-Car or Train
- 11 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 12 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 Language to use in Belgium
- 16 Getting around London
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 WWI sites
- 20 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 24 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 25 Christmas in Spain