Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Greek mainland city/Itin suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 2 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 3 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 4 ITALO trains need help
- 5 Help with France itinerary
- 6 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 7 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 8 Cornwall or Paris?
- 9 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 10 plug adapters ITALY
- 11 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 12 German Rail Twin Pass
- 13 How much luggage?????
- 14 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 15 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 16 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 17 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 18 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 19 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 20 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 24 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 25 Paris in black and white