Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Greek mainland city/Itin suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Sardinia in early May
- 4 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 7 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 8 Venice; recommendations
- 9 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 12 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 15 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 16 Baby cot
- 17 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 18 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 19 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 20 Hey Fodor's
- 21 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 22 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 23 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 24 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 25 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece