Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Will I need to go through immigration at Heathrow?
- 3 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 4 Loire or Provence in January?
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 Uber Apologizes for London Mistakes...
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 11 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Day trip from London in December
- 17 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 18 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 25 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley