Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Greek mainland city/Itin suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 2 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 3 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 South of France November Trip Report
- 6 Rome---August and September
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 9 Air pollution in Paris
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 Dresden or Leipzig
- 13 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 14 20 days in Germany
- 15 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 22 Nice or Marseille??
- 23 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport