Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Cooking Secrets
- 2 Europe in late January
- 3 Travel vs. Babies
- 4 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 7 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 8 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 9 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 10 Travel help
- 11 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 12 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 13 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 14 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 15 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 16 CDG much improved
- 17 London tour and theatre ideas
- 18 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 19 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 20 England and Wales by public transport
- 21 Italy's central lakes!
- 22 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 23 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 24 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 25 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall