Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 2 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 3 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 4 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 5 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 6 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 7 Luggage on trains/security?
- 8 Early flight from Nice
- 9 Norwegian air
- 10 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 11 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 12 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 13 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 14 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 15 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 16 help with 21 days-croatia
- 17 London Paris
- 18 14 days in Greece
- 19 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 20 Amsterdam to Zurich
- 21 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 22 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 23 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 24 What clothes?
- 25 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?