Planning 9 days in September, likely Santorini/Naxos/Mykonos, and saw a video clip of Nafplio. It really looked right up my alley, but it appears it's a bit of a hike, and maybe not worth veering back to the mainland for a day or two instead of, say, flying into Athens and again to Corfu. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace as pretty as Nafplio but closer to Athens and more conducive to a day or so's visit before flying back home? I should note that while I respect the advice of all who have been there before, any insistence that those three islands are already ambitious enough for nine days and that a fourth place shouldn't be added probably will fall on deaf ears; my wife and I have an MO of walking all over the place and seeing what there is to see, with no (or few) museums, and little beach time.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 0Assit : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :6830 YAHOO ACCOUNT 24*7
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 6 3 nights in Madrid
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 10 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 11 Trip to Switzerland
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 Rome hotel
- 16 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Seville to Cordoba
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London 6 day itinerary
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?