This is my first time trying to plan a vacation to the Greek Islands. We are two adult couples in our mid 50s, coming without kids, or possibly with some young adults. We are not limited to any particular season. We would like to find one island to stay on (for roughly one week) so that we don't need to pack and unpack, but we would like to be able to do daytrips by ferry to some other islands. We don't particularly need the big touristy lively places. We go to bed early anyway! We enjoy beaches, nature, hiking, seafood/vegetarian cuisine, and sitting with a book in a place with a view. Do you have any recommendations for an island stay that might suit us with nearby islands accessible by short (1-2 hour) ferry rides?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Switzerland in November?
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 getting to CDG
- 13 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 16 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 4 days itinerary for France
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice