This is my first time trying to plan a vacation to the Greek Islands. We are two adult couples in our mid 50s, coming without kids, or possibly with some young adults. We are not limited to any particular season. We would like to find one island to stay on (for roughly one week) so that we don't need to pack and unpack, but we would like to be able to do daytrips by ferry to some other islands. We don't particularly need the big touristy lively places. We go to bed early anyway! We enjoy beaches, nature, hiking, seafood/vegetarian cuisine, and sitting with a book in a place with a view. Do you have any recommendations for an island stay that might suit us with nearby islands accessible by short (1-2 hour) ferry rides?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Day trip from London in December
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Loire or Provence in January?
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 Europe First Timers
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 25 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece