This is my first time trying to plan a vacation to the Greek Islands. We are two adult couples in our mid 50s, coming without kids, or possibly with some young adults. We are not limited to any particular season. We would like to find one island to stay on (for roughly one week) so that we don't need to pack and unpack, but we would like to be able to do daytrips by ferry to some other islands. We don't particularly need the big touristy lively places. We go to bed early anyway! We enjoy beaches, nature, hiking, seafood/vegetarian cuisine, and sitting with a book in a place with a view. Do you have any recommendations for an island stay that might suit us with nearby islands accessible by short (1-2 hour) ferry rides?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 2 alItalia
- 3 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 4 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 5 Is Sicily Safe?
- 6 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Clean up spam
- 9 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 10 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 11 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 12 Mykonos Beach Club
- 13 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 14 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 15 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 16 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 19 Trip in September
- 20 Which city order makes most sense?
- 21 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 22 London Restaurants
- 23 Munich Hotel Location
- 24 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 25 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?