I was wondering if I could get a little help planning my honeymoon in August. Since it is the high season, my fiance and I would like to stick to the Northeastern Aegean for the Greek Islands leg, and then move on to Turkey. How does this itinerary look :
August 10-11: Athens
August 12-14: Chios (flight from Athens to Chios on the 12th)
August 15-17: Lesvos (ferry from Chios to Lesvos on the 15th)
August 18-20: Ayvacik (Lila Hotel via Ayvalik)
August 21-23: Buscaada
August 24-25: Canakaale (ferry from Buscaada to Canakaale on the 24th)
August 26-28: Istanbul (flight from Canakaale to Istanbul on the 26th)
We are planning on probably renting a car in Ayvalik and dropping off in Canakaale - does that make sense? Would budgeting about 1000 TL just for the car for 6 days be an accurate estimate? Is there a more logical way to get from Lesvos to Canakaale while hitting some historic sights along the way? Is flying out of Canakaale the easiest/cheapest way to get to Istanbul?
We are not interested in night life, but mostly just getting a feel for the slower (read food and wine) aspects of Greek/Turkish culture.
Thanks for any insights!
Greek Islands / Turkey Honeymoon - August 2011
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland 15-days in November Trip Planning
- 2 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 South of France
- 5 Help me plan a Trip
- 6 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 7 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 8 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 9 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 10 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 11 England, Paris itinerary help
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 14 Germany for 3 weeks
- 15 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 16 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 17 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 18 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 19 Sardinia Advice
- 20 Provence planning
- 21 Making reservations in Italy
- 22 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 23 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 24 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 25 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)