I was wondering if I could get a little help planning my honeymoon in August. Since it is the high season, my fiance and I would like to stick to the Northeastern Aegean for the Greek Islands leg, and then move on to Turkey. How does this itinerary look :
August 10-11: Athens
August 12-14: Chios (flight from Athens to Chios on the 12th)
August 15-17: Lesvos (ferry from Chios to Lesvos on the 15th)
August 18-20: Ayvacik (Lila Hotel via Ayvalik)
August 21-23: Buscaada
August 24-25: Canakaale (ferry from Buscaada to Canakaale on the 24th)
August 26-28: Istanbul (flight from Canakaale to Istanbul on the 26th)
We are planning on probably renting a car in Ayvalik and dropping off in Canakaale - does that make sense? Would budgeting about 1000 TL just for the car for 6 days be an accurate estimate? Is there a more logical way to get from Lesvos to Canakaale while hitting some historic sights along the way? Is flying out of Canakaale the easiest/cheapest way to get to Istanbul?
We are not interested in night life, but mostly just getting a feel for the slower (read food and wine) aspects of Greek/Turkish culture.
Thanks for any insights!
Greek Islands / Turkey Honeymoon - August 2011
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flea markets in France
- 2 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 3 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 4 I need a haircut
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 7 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 8 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 9 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 10 Madrid apartments
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 13 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 14 Timing a river cruise
- 15 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 16 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 17 We Need a Pact
- 18 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 19 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 20 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 21 Tipping in Greece
- 22 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 23 Honeymooning in Europe
- 24 Southern France
- 25 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help