I was wondering if I could get a little help planning my honeymoon in August. Since it is the high season, my fiance and I would like to stick to the Northeastern Aegean for the Greek Islands leg, and then move on to Turkey. How does this itinerary look :
August 10-11: Athens
August 12-14: Chios (flight from Athens to Chios on the 12th)
August 15-17: Lesvos (ferry from Chios to Lesvos on the 15th)
August 18-20: Ayvacik (Lila Hotel via Ayvalik)
August 21-23: Buscaada
August 24-25: Canakaale (ferry from Buscaada to Canakaale on the 24th)
August 26-28: Istanbul (flight from Canakaale to Istanbul on the 26th)
We are planning on probably renting a car in Ayvalik and dropping off in Canakaale - does that make sense? Would budgeting about 1000 TL just for the car for 6 days be an accurate estimate? Is there a more logical way to get from Lesvos to Canakaale while hitting some historic sights along the way? Is flying out of Canakaale the easiest/cheapest way to get to Istanbul?
We are not interested in night life, but mostly just getting a feel for the slower (read food and wine) aspects of Greek/Turkish culture.
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 2 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 3 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 4 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 5 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 6 First trip to Italy
- 7 Ireland & Scotland
- 8 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 9 London's Must Sights!
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 12 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 13 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 14 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 15 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 18 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 19 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 20 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 21 4 days in switzerland
- 22 Vienna or Budapest?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 25 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking