I was wondering if I could get a little help planning my honeymoon in August. Since it is the high season, my fiance and I would like to stick to the Northeastern Aegean for the Greek Islands leg, and then move on to Turkey. How does this itinerary look :
August 10-11: Athens
August 12-14: Chios (flight from Athens to Chios on the 12th)
August 15-17: Lesvos (ferry from Chios to Lesvos on the 15th)
August 18-20: Ayvacik (Lila Hotel via Ayvalik)
August 21-23: Buscaada
August 24-25: Canakaale (ferry from Buscaada to Canakaale on the 24th)
August 26-28: Istanbul (flight from Canakaale to Istanbul on the 26th)
We are planning on probably renting a car in Ayvalik and dropping off in Canakaale - does that make sense? Would budgeting about 1000 TL just for the car for 6 days be an accurate estimate? Is there a more logical way to get from Lesvos to Canakaale while hitting some historic sights along the way? Is flying out of Canakaale the easiest/cheapest way to get to Istanbul?
We are not interested in night life, but mostly just getting a feel for the slower (read food and wine) aspects of Greek/Turkish culture.
Thanks for any insights!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care*
- 2 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 3 Sicily: which coast?
- 4 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 8 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Now to Madrid
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 3 days solo in London
- 13 Chania
- 14 Edinbrugh
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Hotels in Turin
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 19 Studying art in English in venice
- 20 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 23 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!