My husband and I were planning to do a September trip to the Greek islands but it didn't work out. Now our only free week to go would be the last week of October. We would probably just do one island - most likely Santorini or Crete though Santorini has been my dream for a long time. Can anyone advise on what it would be like at this time of year? I don't need very warm weather and I'm not concerned with ferries. Most importantly I would like to know if there are restaurants and shops that are open at this time. I also would like to know if weather is pleasant - sunny and not too cold (60s or 70s would be fine). Thanks for your help!
Greek Islands late October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 3 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 4 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 5 Airport to Piraeus
- 6 Train to Airport in Venice
- 7 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 8 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 9 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 11 Questions for my German friends
- 12 What still confounds you about travel?
- 13 Chip but no PIN
- 14 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 15 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 16 Foie gras, redux
- 17 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 18 Dublin Tour Companies
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 Day trips from Seville
- 21 Oktoberfest reservations
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 24 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 25 Southern France