My questions might sound a bit all over the place but here they go:
Looking to plan a 10-12 day trip to Europe for my 10 year wedding anniversary next May or June. We are a 60 year old couple.
I cannot decide where I want to go.
We are going to Prague, Vienna and Budapest this September.
We have been to Paris, Normandy, Loire Valley, London and Venice.
I have been to Tuscany, Umbria, Rome and Florence. Husband has never been.
Husband has been to Athens, Mykonos and Santorini 2x with his 1st wife. I have never been.
What do you think of Barcelona? We would rent an apartment there for a week. Maybe do some day trips? Interested in the Gaudi architecture. We are not really museum people. We love great food and wine.
In Italy Positano looks lovely. What do you think? Where else would you add on? Maybe Sicily? Would it be possible to get to Lake Como from there? husband would like to see Rome for a couple of days.
I would love to go to Athens, Santorini! Mykonos and maybe Paros or Naxos. Husband has been but willing to go again.
Has anyone been to all of the above destinations? Which would you recommend?
Any other ideas? Comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 4 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 5 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 Greek Village
- 9 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 12 Sicily help
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 "Too Much Cows"
- 17 Bordeaux to Nice
- 18 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 Rome -- The next time around
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 24 Rome to Venice
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
Greek Islands, Barcelona or Positano and Lake Como for anniversary trip?