After returning from our amazing honeymoon in Italy, we are planning our next trip back to Europe next July to Greece for 10-12 days.
I have done some preliminary research and would love any guidance.
We are planning on flying from NYC to Athens, but we want to spend one day in Athens at the end of our trip. We really are interested in a relaxing getaway with not moving around so much.
The islands we would like to visit are:
Crete, Santorini, and Mykonos. It seems that these islands are closer together and linked by ferry lines. We would love to see Rhodes, but I hear that is farther away.
Would you suggest spending 3 nights in each place? Would you spend 4 nights in Santorini?
In terms of ferries to get around islands- Blue Star and Hellenic Seaways are the ones we read about.
We appreciate any advice you have for us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Night Bus?
- 2 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 3 3 days outside Venice
- 4 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 5 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 6 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 7 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 Short time in Vienna
- 10 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 16 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Shall we Gdansk?
- 21 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 22 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 23 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 24 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 25 Munich to Hallstatt in a day