After returning from our amazing honeymoon in Italy, we are planning our next trip back to Europe next July to Greece for 10-12 days.
I have done some preliminary research and would love any guidance.
We are planning on flying from NYC to Athens, but we want to spend one day in Athens at the end of our trip. We really are interested in a relaxing getaway with not moving around so much.
The islands we would like to visit are:
Crete, Santorini, and Mykonos. It seems that these islands are closer together and linked by ferry lines. We would love to see Rhodes, but I hear that is farther away.
Would you suggest spending 3 nights in each place? Would you spend 4 nights in Santorini?
In terms of ferries to get around islands- Blue Star and Hellenic Seaways are the ones we read about.
We appreciate any advice you have for us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 2 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 5 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 6 Venice
- 7 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 8 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 London 2For1 question
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 12 Fastest travel from Malpensa to Port of Genoa
- 13 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 14 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 18 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 19 Another Book List for Italy
- 20 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 21 Last night in Sweden
- 22 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 25 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!