Recently returned to the forum to pick your brains as it seems this information is quite hard to get hold of...
My fiancee and I are planning a 2-3 week honeymoon in August. We'll be traveling from the UK and would like to explore the potential in hopping around Greece's islands, for a relaxing break, but with the opportunity to see some sights, experience the culture and try some activities.
We're not the type of people to just lay on a beach for day's on end, so the idea of hiring a quad and zipping around Santorini for a couple of days is quite appealing, then packing up our cases (we won't be backpacking as such - the new Mrs rugbybryn won't allow it) - and moving on to a new island by ferry.
We're happy to spend on nice hotel's, but with a budget of approx £2,000 - £3,000 to include flights, transfers, accomm, food and activities - we understand that the key is compromise. A couple of nights of luxury, followed by a couple of nights of "mid-range" is fine - if it helps stretch the budget a little further!!
We need help in planning an itinerary -
Where is best to visit?
Are there any islands which are a MUST SEE for couples? Or, those to avoid?
Any tips for traveling around Greece?
Is Athens worthy of a visit?
Any travel companies worth contacting? Or should we do it all ourselves?
Please share anything you have...
As I've already said, it'll be our honeymoon - so we will want some quiet time and some R&R, but we also like some adventure, good food and great scenery.
We're both in our early 30's, have a budget which is capped at £3,000, looking for an unforgettable holiday - please help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 5 Versailles
- 6 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 driving from prague to salzburg
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Sicily