Recently returned to the forum to pick your brains as it seems this information is quite hard to get hold of...
My fiancee and I are planning a 2-3 week honeymoon in August. We'll be traveling from the UK and would like to explore the potential in hopping around Greece's islands, for a relaxing break, but with the opportunity to see some sights, experience the culture and try some activities.
We're not the type of people to just lay on a beach for day's on end, so the idea of hiring a quad and zipping around Santorini for a couple of days is quite appealing, then packing up our cases (we won't be backpacking as such - the new Mrs rugbybryn won't allow it) - and moving on to a new island by ferry.
We're happy to spend on nice hotel's, but with a budget of approx £2,000 - £3,000 to include flights, transfers, accomm, food and activities - we understand that the key is compromise. A couple of nights of luxury, followed by a couple of nights of "mid-range" is fine - if it helps stretch the budget a little further!!
We need help in planning an itinerary -
Where is best to visit?
Are there any islands which are a MUST SEE for couples? Or, those to avoid?
Any tips for traveling around Greece?
Is Athens worthy of a visit?
Any travel companies worth contacting? Or should we do it all ourselves?
Please share anything you have...
As I've already said, it'll be our honeymoon - so we will want some quiet time and some R&R, but we also like some adventure, good food and great scenery.
We're both in our early 30's, have a budget which is capped at £3,000, looking for an unforgettable holiday - please help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 4 A few days outside Rome
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 8 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 19 Cambrils
- 20 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 CDG airport and connection time
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs