Recently returned to the forum to pick your brains as it seems this information is quite hard to get hold of...
My fiancee and I are planning a 2-3 week honeymoon in August. We'll be traveling from the UK and would like to explore the potential in hopping around Greece's islands, for a relaxing break, but with the opportunity to see some sights, experience the culture and try some activities.
We're not the type of people to just lay on a beach for day's on end, so the idea of hiring a quad and zipping around Santorini for a couple of days is quite appealing, then packing up our cases (we won't be backpacking as such - the new Mrs rugbybryn won't allow it) - and moving on to a new island by ferry.
We're happy to spend on nice hotel's, but with a budget of approx £2,000 - £3,000 to include flights, transfers, accomm, food and activities - we understand that the key is compromise. A couple of nights of luxury, followed by a couple of nights of "mid-range" is fine - if it helps stretch the budget a little further!!
We need help in planning an itinerary -
Where is best to visit?
Are there any islands which are a MUST SEE for couples? Or, those to avoid?
Any tips for traveling around Greece?
Is Athens worthy of a visit?
Any travel companies worth contacting? Or should we do it all ourselves?
Please share anything you have...
As I've already said, it'll be our honeymoon - so we will want some quiet time and some R&R, but we also like some adventure, good food and great scenery.
We're both in our early 30's, have a budget which is capped at £3,000, looking for an unforgettable holiday - please help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 6 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 7 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 8 Private Guide in Lyon
- 9 13 nights in switzerland
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 London Theater
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 14 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 15 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 16 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris