Recently returned to the forum to pick your brains as it seems this information is quite hard to get hold of...
My fiancee and I are planning a 2-3 week honeymoon in August. We'll be traveling from the UK and would like to explore the potential in hopping around Greece's islands, for a relaxing break, but with the opportunity to see some sights, experience the culture and try some activities.
We're not the type of people to just lay on a beach for day's on end, so the idea of hiring a quad and zipping around Santorini for a couple of days is quite appealing, then packing up our cases (we won't be backpacking as such - the new Mrs rugbybryn won't allow it) - and moving on to a new island by ferry.
We're happy to spend on nice hotel's, but with a budget of approx £2,000 - £3,000 to include flights, transfers, accomm, food and activities - we understand that the key is compromise. A couple of nights of luxury, followed by a couple of nights of "mid-range" is fine - if it helps stretch the budget a little further!!
We need help in planning an itinerary -
Where is best to visit?
Are there any islands which are a MUST SEE for couples? Or, those to avoid?
Any tips for traveling around Greece?
Is Athens worthy of a visit?
Any travel companies worth contacting? Or should we do it all ourselves?
Please share anything you have...
As I've already said, it'll be our honeymoon - so we will want some quiet time and some R&R, but we also like some adventure, good food and great scenery.
We're both in our early 30's, have a budget which is capped at £3,000, looking for an unforgettable holiday - please help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET @ Installation renewal CONTACT☎ 18006817208 ESET Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 6 Iceland
- 7 Venice/Mestre
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 12 Our future trip to Greece
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Russia in two weeks in December
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Christmas Day in Granada
- 17 car insurance italy
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 20 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 21 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 22 Transylvania - June 2018
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?