I have began the process of planning my honeymoon for my soon to be wife and me. I have been reading these forums for a few months now and I have got a lot of valuable information from them. I admit I am not much of a planning type for vacations like this, so I am posting to get some help.
We are looking to visit from Aug 30th (travel day) through Sept 12th (also travel day). From everything I have read my current plan is to fly into Athens and then take a flight that day to Santorini. From there we would stay in Santorini for about 4 days (til the 5th). Then take a ferry to Naxos. Stay in Naxos for another 4 days (til the 9th) and then take a flight back to Athens to finish off the honeymoon.
What I am struggling with is filling in everything in between. I'm looking for hotels to stay at, things to do, and most importantly where are some places that are a must to eat at. Also, are these dates a good time to go, and am I staying in each place long enough? Should I add a third island in there?
A little info about us. We are both in our late 20s, enjoy camping, hiking, water sports, beaches, and exploring. I figure we would do most of this on Santorini. Also, while in Santorini I would like to take her out to a very romantic dinner with one of those views I have been reading all about. This will be the night where we order some nice bottles of wine and eat some delicious food. Then once we hit Naxos it is gonna be all about enjoying the beaches and having some cocktails. Once back in Athens I would like to explore the city and take in some of the culture.
I have not booked anything yet, but I do have my finger hovering over the keyboard on the plane tickets.
Appreciate any and all input! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay in Europe
- 2 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 3 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 4 Italy - best two central locations
- 5 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 6 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 7 Another Book List for Italy
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 9 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 10 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 11 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 12 Day trip suggestion from London
- 13 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 14 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 15 Classical Music in Milan
- 16 Pousadas in Portugal
- 17 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 18 Places to visits near Porto
- 19 From Denmark to Balkan and around
- 20 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 21 12 Days in Italy
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 24 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 25 Doobie in Amsterdam