I have began the process of planning my honeymoon for my soon to be wife and me. I have been reading these forums for a few months now and I have got a lot of valuable information from them. I admit I am not much of a planning type for vacations like this, so I am posting to get some help.
We are looking to visit from Aug 30th (travel day) through Sept 12th (also travel day). From everything I have read my current plan is to fly into Athens and then take a flight that day to Santorini. From there we would stay in Santorini for about 4 days (til the 5th). Then take a ferry to Naxos. Stay in Naxos for another 4 days (til the 9th) and then take a flight back to Athens to finish off the honeymoon.
What I am struggling with is filling in everything in between. I'm looking for hotels to stay at, things to do, and most importantly where are some places that are a must to eat at. Also, are these dates a good time to go, and am I staying in each place long enough? Should I add a third island in there?
A little info about us. We are both in our late 20s, enjoy camping, hiking, water sports, beaches, and exploring. I figure we would do most of this on Santorini. Also, while in Santorini I would like to take her out to a very romantic dinner with one of those views I have been reading all about. This will be the night where we order some nice bottles of wine and eat some delicious food. Then once we hit Naxos it is gonna be all about enjoying the beaches and having some cocktails. Once back in Athens I would like to explore the city and take in some of the culture.
I have not booked anything yet, but I do have my finger hovering over the keyboard on the plane tickets.
Appreciate any and all input! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 11 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 Granada to Madrid
- 13 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 14 Tour groups
- 15 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 21 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 24 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 25 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?