I have began the process of planning my honeymoon for my soon to be wife and me. I have been reading these forums for a few months now and I have got a lot of valuable information from them. I admit I am not much of a planning type for vacations like this, so I am posting to get some help.
We are looking to visit from Aug 30th (travel day) through Sept 12th (also travel day). From everything I have read my current plan is to fly into Athens and then take a flight that day to Santorini. From there we would stay in Santorini for about 4 days (til the 5th). Then take a ferry to Naxos. Stay in Naxos for another 4 days (til the 9th) and then take a flight back to Athens to finish off the honeymoon.
What I am struggling with is filling in everything in between. I'm looking for hotels to stay at, things to do, and most importantly where are some places that are a must to eat at. Also, are these dates a good time to go, and am I staying in each place long enough? Should I add a third island in there?
A little info about us. We are both in our late 20s, enjoy camping, hiking, water sports, beaches, and exploring. I figure we would do most of this on Santorini. Also, while in Santorini I would like to take her out to a very romantic dinner with one of those views I have been reading all about. This will be the night where we order some nice bottles of wine and eat some delicious food. Then once we hit Naxos it is gonna be all about enjoying the beaches and having some cocktails. Once back in Athens I would like to explore the city and take in some of the culture.
I have not booked anything yet, but I do have my finger hovering over the keyboard on the plane tickets.
Appreciate any and all input! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 2 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 3 Our Paris plans
- 4 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 5 Venice Ferry to Croatia
- 6 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 7 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 8 Railcard and oyster card in the UK
- 9 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 10 London train and hotel information?
- 11 Swiss Transport Questions
- 12 Sweden: Accidental visa overstay - am I screwed for good?
- 13 Italy Oct 2015 Where to go
- 14 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 15 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 16 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 17 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 18 Venice water buses
- 19 Budapest questions round 1
- 20 Gatwick to London in time for 7.30 show? Help!
- 21 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 22 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 23 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 24 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 25 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration