I have began the process of planning my honeymoon for my soon to be wife and me. I have been reading these forums for a few months now and I have got a lot of valuable information from them. I admit I am not much of a planning type for vacations like this, so I am posting to get some help.
We are looking to visit from Aug 30th (travel day) through Sept 12th (also travel day). From everything I have read my current plan is to fly into Athens and then take a flight that day to Santorini. From there we would stay in Santorini for about 4 days (til the 5th). Then take a ferry to Naxos. Stay in Naxos for another 4 days (til the 9th) and then take a flight back to Athens to finish off the honeymoon.
What I am struggling with is filling in everything in between. I'm looking for hotels to stay at, things to do, and most importantly where are some places that are a must to eat at. Also, are these dates a good time to go, and am I staying in each place long enough? Should I add a third island in there?
A little info about us. We are both in our late 20s, enjoy camping, hiking, water sports, beaches, and exploring. I figure we would do most of this on Santorini. Also, while in Santorini I would like to take her out to a very romantic dinner with one of those views I have been reading all about. This will be the night where we order some nice bottles of wine and eat some delicious food. Then once we hit Naxos it is gonna be all about enjoying the beaches and having some cocktails. Once back in Athens I would like to explore the city and take in some of the culture.
I have not booked anything yet, but I do have my finger hovering over the keyboard on the plane tickets.
Appreciate any and all input! Thanks
Greek Island Honeymoon, Santorini - Naxos - Athens
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 2 Lakes District UK
- 3 Share Your Smile
- 4 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 5 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 6 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 7 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 8 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 11 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 14 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 15 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 16 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 17 Rome Areas to stay
- 18 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 21 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 22 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 23 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 24 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 25 When to go to Sicily