My husband and I are trying to choose a Greek island to visit as part of a world trip. We will probably spend 1-2 weeks on whichever island we choose. We are looking for somewhere to really relax. Ideally we'd love to stay somewhere quiet, right on the water, with an interesting town/village that has some good, simple places to eat and some quiet streets to potter round. We are not looking for a party or for commercial beaches with lots of sun-loungers etc. In fact a beach is not essential to us - just somewhere that has nice water and swimming. The type of place where you can have fresh fish for lunch and then jump in the water straight after!
Does such a place exist? We will be in Greece around the start of June. We aren't limited to any one particular area of the islands, as we have plenty of time to get to wherever we need to go. In terms of budget I'd say we'd be at the low-moderate end of the scale. We'd like to stay somewhere small, traditional and fairly simple, and as I said preferably by the water.
Currently we are looking at Koufonisia, Kastellorizo, Halki, Astypalaia, Ikaria and Sifnos. Does anyone have any thoughts about any of these or others? Your advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 3 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 4 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary