My husband and I are trying to choose a Greek island to visit as part of a world trip. We will probably spend 1-2 weeks on whichever island we choose. We are looking for somewhere to really relax. Ideally we'd love to stay somewhere quiet, right on the water, with an interesting town/village that has some good, simple places to eat and some quiet streets to potter round. We are not looking for a party or for commercial beaches with lots of sun-loungers etc. In fact a beach is not essential to us - just somewhere that has nice water and swimming. The type of place where you can have fresh fish for lunch and then jump in the water straight after!
Does such a place exist? We will be in Greece around the start of June. We aren't limited to any one particular area of the islands, as we have plenty of time to get to wherever we need to go. In terms of budget I'd say we'd be at the low-moderate end of the scale. We'd like to stay somewhere small, traditional and fairly simple, and as I said preferably by the water.
Currently we are looking at Koufonisia, Kastellorizo, Halki, Astypalaia, Ikaria and Sifnos. Does anyone have any thoughts about any of these or others? Your advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 2 Switzerland
- 3 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 4 Visiting Zurich
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 7 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 8 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 9 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 10 Paris to Bordeaux
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Iceland 3 day layover
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 15 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Train travel
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 DVD burning software
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations