My husband and I are trying to choose a Greek island to visit as part of a world trip. We will probably spend 1-2 weeks on whichever island we choose. We are looking for somewhere to really relax. Ideally we'd love to stay somewhere quiet, right on the water, with an interesting town/village that has some good, simple places to eat and some quiet streets to potter round. We are not looking for a party or for commercial beaches with lots of sun-loungers etc. In fact a beach is not essential to us - just somewhere that has nice water and swimming. The type of place where you can have fresh fish for lunch and then jump in the water straight after!
Does such a place exist? We will be in Greece around the start of June. We aren't limited to any one particular area of the islands, as we have plenty of time to get to wherever we need to go. In terms of budget I'd say we'd be at the low-moderate end of the scale. We'd like to stay somewhere small, traditional and fairly simple, and as I said preferably by the water.
Currently we are looking at Koufonisia, Kastellorizo, Halki, Astypalaia, Ikaria and Sifnos. Does anyone have any thoughts about any of these or others? Your advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 2 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Italy for Christmas Week
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 7 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 10 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 11 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 12 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 13 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 14 restaurants in Marais district
- 15 France & Italy, May or June
- 16 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 20 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece
- 22 A Month stay in Southern France
- 23 Shoes in Scotland
- 24 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 25 Enough time to make connection at CDG?