My husband and I are trying to choose a Greek island to visit as part of a world trip. We will probably spend 1-2 weeks on whichever island we choose. We are looking for somewhere to really relax. Ideally we'd love to stay somewhere quiet, right on the water, with an interesting town/village that has some good, simple places to eat and some quiet streets to potter round. We are not looking for a party or for commercial beaches with lots of sun-loungers etc. In fact a beach is not essential to us - just somewhere that has nice water and swimming. The type of place where you can have fresh fish for lunch and then jump in the water straight after!
Does such a place exist? We will be in Greece around the start of June. We aren't limited to any one particular area of the islands, as we have plenty of time to get to wherever we need to go. In terms of budget I'd say we'd be at the low-moderate end of the scale. We'd like to stay somewhere small, traditional and fairly simple, and as I said preferably by the water.
Currently we are looking at Koufonisia, Kastellorizo, Halki, Astypalaia, Ikaria and Sifnos. Does anyone have any thoughts about any of these or others? Your advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 2 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 3 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 4 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 5 Best of Norway
- 6 favorite app for converting US $$
- 7 Escorted tours Norway
- 8 Munich Hotel Location
- 9 Light weight small converter?
- 10 Trip in September
- 11 Small towns not too near Paris
- 12 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 13 Car rental help in Sicily
- 14 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 15 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 16 Help with basic itinerary
- 17 Wake Up Mods
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 19 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 20 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 21 Italy - hiking, active, with Sicily
- 22 Clean up spam
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Driving in Croatia
- 25 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?