I'm new to Fodor's, but an experienced traveler.
My Fiance and I are getting married on August 16, 2014. We'll leave for Greece on the 17th, and arrive on the 18th. We have already booked our flights (Arriving in Athens at 10:00 AM Monday the 18th, and Departing on Sunday the 31st 12:00 NOON).
I have researched many different Greek travel agencies, and they seem to be extremely overpriced. They're coming back with approximately €4,000-5,000 for the two of us. This includes transport between islands, and all hotels - however not much more. I have started researching on my own, and have been able to find the same trip for approximately €2,000 (Using Skyscanner.ca, greekferries.forth-crs.gr and booking.com).
Basically, I'd like to know if anyone with experience traveling the Greek Islands could comment on my proposed itinerary and advise if I'm cramming too little, too much, etc.
Monday 18th Athens
Tuesday 19th Delphi
Wednesday 20th Athens - Mykonos (via Piraues)
Thursday 21st Mykonos
Friday 22nd Mykonos - Paros
Saturday 23rd Paros
Sunday 24th Paros - Naxos
Monday 25th Naxos
Tuesday 26th Naxos - Santorini
Wednesday 27th Santorini
Thursday 28th Santorini
Friday 29th Santorini
Saturday 30th Santorini - Athens
Sunday 31st Athens
Basically, we'd arrive in Athens, drive/bus to Delphi and stay one night. Then take a Ferry to Mykonos and travel between all islands via Ferry.
Finally, we'll fly back from Santorini to Athens. That flight is 7:00 AM on the Sunday morning. We arrive in Athens at approx 7:50 AM, and then I'm planning to stay in the airport until our international flight home 12:00 NOON. I've heard that flights can be cancelled from Santorini to Athens often - is this risky?
Any other thoughts are REALLLLY appreciated. If you think there are islands we're missing, please advise.
Really looking forward to hearing from all of you, and want to thank all of those in advance who take the time to comment!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 7 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 15 Frankfurt to UK
- 16 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Milan or Turin
- 23 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old