We are beginning to plan a family vacation to Greece the end of June for about 8 days. Attending will be two adults early 50's and two older teen boys. We are all active and love to participate in tennis, tours of historical areas and the beach (with waves!) If anyone would have any recommendations on the following I'd really appreciate it! We are considering 2 days in Athens, 5 days with a home base in Nafplion and one day in Hydra. Is this recommended? Are there any beaches that are good for bodyboarding, or is the water very calm in Greece? Are there public tennis courts in Athens or Nafplion? What is the driving time from Nafplion to Monemvasia? That would be the farthest point we would drive. Also are there ferries from Nafplion to Hydra? Or is it best to leave from Athens? Can I get a ferry ticket when I get there or should I book in advance? Also if there are any recommendations on places to stay that is great. We like quiet places with internet, tennis and a pool, for a reasonable price! Also, a family member has a gluten allergy. Will they be able to deal with this ok?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 2 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 5 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 6 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 7 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 8 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 9 20 free days of Europe
- 10 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 11 CDG international flight
- 12 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 13 12 days europe
- 14 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 15 Budapest on a budget
- 16 Seville in late January
- 17 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 18 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 19 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 20 3 days to spend in europe
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Beaches in Southern France
- 25 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?