We are beginning to plan a family vacation to Greece the end of June for about 8 days. Attending will be two adults early 50's and two older teen boys. We are all active and love to participate in tennis, tours of historical areas and the beach (with waves!) If anyone would have any recommendations on the following I'd really appreciate it! We are considering 2 days in Athens, 5 days with a home base in Nafplion and one day in Hydra. Is this recommended? Are there any beaches that are good for bodyboarding, or is the water very calm in Greece? Are there public tennis courts in Athens or Nafplion? What is the driving time from Nafplion to Monemvasia? That would be the farthest point we would drive. Also are there ferries from Nafplion to Hydra? Or is it best to leave from Athens? Can I get a ferry ticket when I get there or should I book in advance? Also if there are any recommendations on places to stay that is great. We like quiet places with internet, tennis and a pool, for a reasonable price! Also, a family member has a gluten allergy. Will they be able to deal with this ok?
Greek Family Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Non Touristy things to do in Paris
- 2 Best Dresden hotels & restaurants
- 3 greece hotels
- 4 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 5 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 6 Calling different phones while in Italy
- 7 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 8 We are off to France again!!
- 9 Paris Meetup Groups?
- 10 In Sevilla now, charged for silverware and olives at resto
- 11 London-Jubilee Walkway
- 12 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 13 Seville Day Trip - Cordoba or Ronda
- 14 Noordam transatlantic
- 15 Has anyone visited Marburg, Germany?
- 16 Self tours of Jewish Quarter Budapest
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 Need suggestions for our week in Panzano
- 19 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 20 Melk to Krems Danube River Cruise
- 21 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 22 Best hotel & restaurants in Bruges
- 23 Trip Report -Prague, Kutna Hora, Karlstejn, Paris and Chartres
- 24 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 25 Pix from Northern Ireland & Donegal