We are beginning to plan a family vacation to Greece the end of June for about 8 days. Attending will be two adults early 50's and two older teen boys. We are all active and love to participate in tennis, tours of historical areas and the beach (with waves!) If anyone would have any recommendations on the following I'd really appreciate it! We are considering 2 days in Athens, 5 days with a home base in Nafplion and one day in Hydra. Is this recommended? Are there any beaches that are good for bodyboarding, or is the water very calm in Greece? Are there public tennis courts in Athens or Nafplion? What is the driving time from Nafplion to Monemvasia? That would be the farthest point we would drive. Also are there ferries from Nafplion to Hydra? Or is it best to leave from Athens? Can I get a ferry ticket when I get there or should I book in advance? Also if there are any recommendations on places to stay that is great. We like quiet places with internet, tennis and a pool, for a reasonable price! Also, a family member has a gluten allergy. Will they be able to deal with this ok?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 2 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 7 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 10 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 11 Train / Calabria
- 12 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 15 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 16 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 17 Paris for children
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 20 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.