We are beginning to plan a family vacation to Greece the end of June for about 8 days. Attending will be two adults early 50's and two older teen boys. We are all active and love to participate in tennis, tours of historical areas and the beach (with waves!) If anyone would have any recommendations on the following I'd really appreciate it! We are considering 2 days in Athens, 5 days with a home base in Nafplion and one day in Hydra. Is this recommended? Are there any beaches that are good for bodyboarding, or is the water very calm in Greece? Are there public tennis courts in Athens or Nafplion? What is the driving time from Nafplion to Monemvasia? That would be the farthest point we would drive. Also are there ferries from Nafplion to Hydra? Or is it best to leave from Athens? Can I get a ferry ticket when I get there or should I book in advance? Also if there are any recommendations on places to stay that is great. We like quiet places with internet, tennis and a pool, for a reasonable price! Also, a family member has a gluten allergy. Will they be able to deal with this ok?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 5 Scotland itinerary advice
- 6 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 7 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 8 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 9 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 10 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 11 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 12 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 16 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 17 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 18 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 22 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 23 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)