We are a family of four and our kids will be 10 and 12 at the time of our travels to Greece in mid to late May. My daughter is really into Greek Mythology, so we'd like to see Athens sights as well as Olympia. My main questions is that I am wondering if there is a nice beach town between the two (or near Olympia) where we could stay. We will probably drive from Athens one day, spend one day seeing Olympia, then drive back the next day so it will be a quick visit. From there we will head out to see some of the islands (I think Paros, Santorini and Crete). Any recommendations on any of that as well?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 K-Day
- 3 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 4 UK Visa Help
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 advance tickets?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 20 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 21 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 22 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 25 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
Greece with 2 kids - tips on Olympia and Greek Islands please