So I made a spur of the moment decision a couple days ago to buy a one way ticket to Greece, departing October 30th. I have a general plan, but since people here seem experienced and willing to help, I thought it might be a good place to query.
My grandmother has a house (she is greek, but living here in America) on a small island near Turkey that she has graciously allowed me to stay at for as long as I need while I work on a writing project. While I had idealistic goals of simplifying my life and staying for an extended period of time, it has come to my attention that I can only stay for a period of 90 days out of every 180. I'm pretty disappointed about this, and I was wondering if I can extend that or be allowed some sort of extension due to my Greek heritage? I have looked around online and haven't found many answers to this.
My next question is about general travel in the area. Will the ferries be running in fall/early winter? As this is also a sort of spiritual adventure, I am really interested in visiting Patmos, but only if there is a ferry going that direction. I'm also interested in exploring Turkey, Israel, Jordan, and Egypt. I know that there is a ferry to Turkey, but I'm unsure about the rest. I'm also unsure how safe the waters off the Northern coast of Africa are with so much turmoil in the general area (Syria, mainly).
Because I booked a one way ticket, I have the idea of buying a motorcycle and using that as my transport through these and other areas that I am considering. If my jaunt to the south doesn't work out, I'm hoping to try my luck at traversing some of the Eastern European countries and possibly making my way through Kazakhstan. It's an ambitious thought, I know but if there is a potential to work along the way, I would love to extend this trip for as long as possible. What is the potential for buying and traversing through different countries with a motorcycle in this part of the world?
Alright, well I have already asked way more than I should reasonably expect a response to, but if there is something that catches your eye about any of my travel plan, I would greatly appreciate even the smallest tid bit of information! Thank you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브카지노╱““【 XZW8。ZE。AM 】““╱㉪아시안카지노
- 2 인터넷카지노＼＼※『 XZW8。ZE。AM 』＼인터넷카지노
- 3 와와바카라((→ XZW8。ZE。AM ←))【슈퍼카지노】
- 4 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 5 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 6 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 7 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 8 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 11 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 12 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 13 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 14 Paris doctor house calls
- 15 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 16 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 17 London best location
- 18 Restaurant ideas for 50th in Sorrento
- 19 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Traveling with a class 1 misdemeanor
- 22 Charming areas to explore in London
- 23 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 24 Best of Norway
- 25 Guide books for Eastern Europe