With help of this forum, I have booked flights to/from Athens and hotels in the islands and cities we want to visit. I would like to pre-book flights and ferries between the islands and I was wondering how reliable you all feeling the posted schedules will be when our days of travel arrive in Sept.
I assume flights on Aegean Air will be safe to book now, as in their schedules will remain the same (barring drastic events). Would you agree?
Regarding ferries between Mykonos-Naxos and Naxos-Santorini, do you think the schedules of the boats will be more or less accurate? I understand weather can cause delays. Basically, I want to inform hotels of our arrival times (and I'm one of those people who prefers to research and prebook) so if I purchase a 9:30am ferry to Naxos in mid-Sept, do you feel it would be accurate and vaild on that day of travel?
Lastly, if you have any tips on booking ferries and/or thoughts on the economy vs nicer tickets, please let me know. I'm leaning towards nicer reservations as this is one trip that is going to be spendy and we might as well live it up a little since we're generally quite frugal on other vacations.
As always, thank you for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion