With help of this forum, I have booked flights to/from Athens and hotels in the islands and cities we want to visit. I would like to pre-book flights and ferries between the islands and I was wondering how reliable you all feeling the posted schedules will be when our days of travel arrive in Sept.
I assume flights on Aegean Air will be safe to book now, as in their schedules will remain the same (barring drastic events). Would you agree?
Regarding ferries between Mykonos-Naxos and Naxos-Santorini, do you think the schedules of the boats will be more or less accurate? I understand weather can cause delays. Basically, I want to inform hotels of our arrival times (and I'm one of those people who prefers to research and prebook) so if I purchase a 9:30am ferry to Naxos in mid-Sept, do you feel it would be accurate and vaild on that day of travel?
Lastly, if you have any tips on booking ferries and/or thoughts on the economy vs nicer tickets, please let me know. I'm leaning towards nicer reservations as this is one trip that is going to be spendy and we might as well live it up a little since we're generally quite frugal on other vacations.
As always, thank you for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 2 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 3 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 4 Is European democracy better than US democracy?
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 7 Alsace to Austria?
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 UK in May and June
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 13 Bath/Cotswolds
- 14 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 18 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 19 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 20 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 21 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 22 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 23 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 Globus Iberian Tour