With help of this forum, I have booked flights to/from Athens and hotels in the islands and cities we want to visit. I would like to pre-book flights and ferries between the islands and I was wondering how reliable you all feeling the posted schedules will be when our days of travel arrive in Sept.
I assume flights on Aegean Air will be safe to book now, as in their schedules will remain the same (barring drastic events). Would you agree?
Regarding ferries between Mykonos-Naxos and Naxos-Santorini, do you think the schedules of the boats will be more or less accurate? I understand weather can cause delays. Basically, I want to inform hotels of our arrival times (and I'm one of those people who prefers to research and prebook) so if I purchase a 9:30am ferry to Naxos in mid-Sept, do you feel it would be accurate and vaild on that day of travel?
Lastly, if you have any tips on booking ferries and/or thoughts on the economy vs nicer tickets, please let me know. I'm leaning towards nicer reservations as this is one trip that is going to be spendy and we might as well live it up a little since we're generally quite frugal on other vacations.
As always, thank you for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Naxos car rental
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 K-Day
- 21 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 22 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 23 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Campervan in Croatia