With help of this forum, I have booked flights to/from Athens and hotels in the islands and cities we want to visit. I would like to pre-book flights and ferries between the islands and I was wondering how reliable you all feeling the posted schedules will be when our days of travel arrive in Sept.
I assume flights on Aegean Air will be safe to book now, as in their schedules will remain the same (barring drastic events). Would you agree?
Regarding ferries between Mykonos-Naxos and Naxos-Santorini, do you think the schedules of the boats will be more or less accurate? I understand weather can cause delays. Basically, I want to inform hotels of our arrival times (and I'm one of those people who prefers to research and prebook) so if I purchase a 9:30am ferry to Naxos in mid-Sept, do you feel it would be accurate and vaild on that day of travel?
Lastly, if you have any tips on booking ferries and/or thoughts on the economy vs nicer tickets, please let me know. I'm leaning towards nicer reservations as this is one trip that is going to be spendy and we might as well live it up a little since we're generally quite frugal on other vacations.
As always, thank you for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 17 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 22 Greece
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 25 Stuck in Paris