My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time this summer. Are itinerary is set and all flights, accommodations, and transportation between locations is paid for. Are itinerary is as follows...
June 23 - Flight from JFK to Athens arrive at 12:35 pm on June 24
June 24 to 28 - Athens (4 nights)
June 28 to July 3 - Naxos (5 nights)
July 3 to July 6 - Santorini (3 nights)
July 6 to July 12 - Rome (6 nights) - arriving on a flight at 12:00 pm
July 12 to July 17 - Paris (5 nights) - arriving on a flight at 2:10 pm
July 17 - Depart Paris on a 2:00 pm flight to return to JFK
I have budgeted approximately 2500 Euros for food, museums/attractions, transportation (to/from airports and ports, as well as in the cities/islands), and other incidentals. All accommodations include breakfast except for Rome, since we are staying in an apartment there. We do not plan on eating in expensive restaurants; instead, we will look for reasonable tavernas, etc. Attractions will consist of many of the main sites to visit in these places, including side trips to Versailles in Paris, Temple of Poseidon in Athens, Ostia Antica in Rome, and Delos in Naxos. Does this budget sound reasonable for both my wife and I considering the places we will visit?
I understand that these costs are highly subjective and individualized, but I am just trying to set an approximate budget.
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 4 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 5 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 6 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 7 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 8 Naples, Italy
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 11 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 12 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Hotel in Vienna
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 20 Tuscany 6 nights
- 21 France & Italy, May or June
- 22 Planning a European Trip
- 23 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 24 1st time in ZURICH
- 25 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis