My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time this summer. Are itinerary is set and all flights, accommodations, and transportation between locations is paid for. Are itinerary is as follows...
June 23 - Flight from JFK to Athens arrive at 12:35 pm on June 24
June 24 to 28 - Athens (4 nights)
June 28 to July 3 - Naxos (5 nights)
July 3 to July 6 - Santorini (3 nights)
July 6 to July 12 - Rome (6 nights) - arriving on a flight at 12:00 pm
July 12 to July 17 - Paris (5 nights) - arriving on a flight at 2:10 pm
July 17 - Depart Paris on a 2:00 pm flight to return to JFK
I have budgeted approximately 2500 Euros for food, museums/attractions, transportation (to/from airports and ports, as well as in the cities/islands), and other incidentals. All accommodations include breakfast except for Rome, since we are staying in an apartment there. We do not plan on eating in expensive restaurants; instead, we will look for reasonable tavernas, etc. Attractions will consist of many of the main sites to visit in these places, including side trips to Versailles in Paris, Temple of Poseidon in Athens, Ostia Antica in Rome, and Delos in Naxos. Does this budget sound reasonable for both my wife and I considering the places we will visit?
I understand that these costs are highly subjective and individualized, but I am just trying to set an approximate budget.
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?