My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time this summer. Are itinerary is set and all flights, accommodations, and transportation between locations is paid for. Are itinerary is as follows...
June 23 - Flight from JFK to Athens arrive at 12:35 pm on June 24
June 24 to 28 - Athens (4 nights)
June 28 to July 3 - Naxos (5 nights)
July 3 to July 6 - Santorini (3 nights)
July 6 to July 12 - Rome (6 nights) - arriving on a flight at 12:00 pm
July 12 to July 17 - Paris (5 nights) - arriving on a flight at 2:10 pm
July 17 - Depart Paris on a 2:00 pm flight to return to JFK
I have budgeted approximately 2500 Euros for food, museums/attractions, transportation (to/from airports and ports, as well as in the cities/islands), and other incidentals. All accommodations include breakfast except for Rome, since we are staying in an apartment there. We do not plan on eating in expensive restaurants; instead, we will look for reasonable tavernas, etc. Attractions will consist of many of the main sites to visit in these places, including side trips to Versailles in Paris, Temple of Poseidon in Athens, Ostia Antica in Rome, and Delos in Naxos. Does this budget sound reasonable for both my wife and I considering the places we will visit?
I understand that these costs are highly subjective and individualized, but I am just trying to set an approximate budget.
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Which Day?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 16 Corsica and Sardinia
- 17 Les Invalides Night Show
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 24 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 25 limousine services - milan - rome