My wife and I are traveling to Europe for the first time this summer. Are itinerary is set and all flights, accommodations, and transportation between locations is paid for. Are itinerary is as follows...
June 23 - Flight from JFK to Athens arrive at 12:35 pm on June 24
June 24 to 28 - Athens (4 nights)
June 28 to July 3 - Naxos (5 nights)
July 3 to July 6 - Santorini (3 nights)
July 6 to July 12 - Rome (6 nights) - arriving on a flight at 12:00 pm
July 12 to July 17 - Paris (5 nights) - arriving on a flight at 2:10 pm
July 17 - Depart Paris on a 2:00 pm flight to return to JFK
I have budgeted approximately 2500 Euros for food, museums/attractions, transportation (to/from airports and ports, as well as in the cities/islands), and other incidentals. All accommodations include breakfast except for Rome, since we are staying in an apartment there. We do not plan on eating in expensive restaurants; instead, we will look for reasonable tavernas, etc. Attractions will consist of many of the main sites to visit in these places, including side trips to Versailles in Paris, Temple of Poseidon in Athens, Ostia Antica in Rome, and Delos in Naxos. Does this budget sound reasonable for both my wife and I considering the places we will visit?
I understand that these costs are highly subjective and individualized, but I am just trying to set an approximate budget.
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 8 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 11 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 12 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 17 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Rouen Tour Companies
- 20 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 21 Andalucia itinerary help
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 24 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 25 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu