My boyfriend and I are visiting Europe this May/June and are planning to spend 9 nights on Greek Islands. We have decided on the islands of Mykonos, Ios, and Santorini but I am now facing the dilemma of how long to spend on each island. We are both young (19 and 20) and want to experience some nightlife but also nice beaches and scenery.
As of right now we have Mykonos booked for 3 nights (4 full days), Ios for 3 nights (3 full days), and Santorini for 3 nights (2 full days). I am worried we won't have enough time in Santorini and I am considering taking a night away from Mykonos or Ios. Any thoughts on the ideal time for us to spend on each island?? Also, any tips for activities and sights we shouldn't miss?
I'd appreciate any advice you could give as it is my first time visiting Greece!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 2 Praiano
- 3 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 8 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 9 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 10 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 11 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 12 Canal du Midi
- 13 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 17 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 18 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 19 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 20 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 21 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 22 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 23 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 24 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations