I appreciate these boards so much. Usually I have all my ducks in a row by now, but life has been throwing me all kinds of stumbling blocks lately. Having said that here is our plan thus far.
June 12 fly out of Atlanta to Athens Greece arriving in the evening. Cab to hotel Hera.
June 13 get up exhausted and take a tour of local sites (any recommendations?) I looked into a local guide and it costs 50.00 Euros for 2.5 hours... is that normal?
June 14 take flying dolphin to Hydra... now heres the mess Should I buy the tickets now? or at least ahead of time? What is the best way to get to the port from the city center.
Any suggestions for food and sites on Hydra?
June 16 return to Athens, Art Gallery Hotel.
June 17 more sites... what MUST we see that the guide on the previous day did not show us? Afternoon, Hamas baths (yahoooo
June 18, leave on overnight trip to Meteora already booked and paid (tour)
June 19, leave at the crack of dawn to Malaga Spain. We have a 5 hour 55 minute layover in London. Considered taking one of those layover tours. Any thoughts, suggestions and is there enough time. I have never done this out of country.
Arrive in Malaga Spain that night I have the rest sort of figured out.
Suggestions for small items that people in Greece like from the U.S.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 5 France Itinerary Advice
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 8 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Firt time VISA applicant
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Murren to Prague
- 19 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 20 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 23 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Le Marche Research Help