I will be arriving in Greece August 28, 2016 and would like assistance with an itinerary. We have 11 nights.
I have been researching all of the islands and mainland. So much to see and I don't want to waste all of my time island hopping. I originally thought 2 nights Athens 4 nights Naxos and hop to other islands and 4 nights Santorini then back to Athens 1 night.
I am not so certain I must see Santorini as it seems pretty touristy. I do want some activity on the islands but not huge crowds. I either want to trim that back to a day trip or 1-2 nights or not at all Santorini.
I also am interested in the Peloponnese area and might rather do only the Naxos island with day trips for 4 nights then to Peloponnese area and maybe Delphi and last night in Athens for departure early morning.
Any thoughts? I don't want to waste time at sea and only on islands.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 2 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 3 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 8 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 9 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 10 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 13 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 14 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 15 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 19 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 25 Greece-Paros or Meteora