I will be arriving in Greece August 28, 2016 and would like assistance with an itinerary. We have 11 nights.
I have been researching all of the islands and mainland. So much to see and I don't want to waste all of my time island hopping. I originally thought 2 nights Athens 4 nights Naxos and hop to other islands and 4 nights Santorini then back to Athens 1 night.
I am not so certain I must see Santorini as it seems pretty touristy. I do want some activity on the islands but not huge crowds. I either want to trim that back to a day trip or 1-2 nights or not at all Santorini.
I also am interested in the Peloponnese area and might rather do only the Naxos island with day trips for 4 nights then to Peloponnese area and maybe Delphi and last night in Athens for departure early morning.
Any thoughts? I don't want to waste time at sea and only on islands.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 6 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 7 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 14 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 15 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 16 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 19 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Campervan in Croatia
- 23 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 24 Cell Phone Question
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?