I will be arriving in Greece August 28, 2016 and would like assistance with an itinerary. We have 11 nights.
I have been researching all of the islands and mainland. So much to see and I don't want to waste all of my time island hopping. I originally thought 2 nights Athens 4 nights Naxos and hop to other islands and 4 nights Santorini then back to Athens 1 night.
I am not so certain I must see Santorini as it seems pretty touristy. I do want some activity on the islands but not huge crowds. I either want to trim that back to a day trip or 1-2 nights or not at all Santorini.
I also am interested in the Peloponnese area and might rather do only the Naxos island with day trips for 4 nights then to Peloponnese area and maybe Delphi and last night in Athens for departure early morning.
Any thoughts? I don't want to waste time at sea and only on islands.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 2 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 7 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 8 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 9 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 10 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 11 Maximizing Norway time
- 12 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 13 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 14 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 15 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 16 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 17 Hiking in Switzerland
- 18 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 19 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy