My family of three is traveling in June 2013 first to London, and then to Greece. Our plans are to spend 3 full days in Athens then 4 full days in Santorini and then 4 full days in Naxos. My thought was to fly to Santorini either from London or Athens and then ferry to Naxos and ferry from Naxos to Athens. My questions are: is 3 full days enough on Athens and 4 full days enough on the two islands? Should we visit Athens first or after the islands? Should I use a travel agent to book hotels and ferry tickets or just do it online? How long is the ferry from Naxos to Athens and should we go high speed or regular? This is our first trip to Greece. Thanks for any suggestions. We haven't begun to research places to stay as we want to book flights first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First real time in France- 10 nights
- 2 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 3 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 4 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 5 Day on the Rhine
- 6 Travel throught Europe
- 7 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 London for 18th bday
- 10 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 11 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 12 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 13 Spa in Scotland
- 14 Car Rentals in Athens
- 15 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 16 Greece for a month with a baby
- 17 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 18 Transportation in Paris
- 19 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 20 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking
- 21 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 22 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 23 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 24 1 Week in Barcelona, Valencia - what else?
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report