I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...
- 1 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 2 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 3 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 4 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 5 HELP stuck in Italy
- 6 I Need To Vent!
- 7 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 8 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 9 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 10 Train tickets
- 11 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 12 San Lorenzo Market
- 13 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 14 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 15 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 16 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 17 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 18 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 19 Cuenca or Toledo
- 20 Wimpy's
- 21 semi escorted tours
- 22 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 23 France: CDG to Beaune
- 24 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 25 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.