I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.kesamuroa.com/yuva-forever/
- 2 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 6 free international phone calls
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Two days in Rome
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 First visit to London
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...