I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...
- 1 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 2 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 3 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Istanbul hotels
- 6 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 14 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 15 More help with housing in Puglia
- 16 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 17 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 18 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 19 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Channel Islands
- 22 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 23 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 24 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 25 Ireland in a week