I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Carried Out Correctly Rid Of Dry Skin !
- 2 The Shocking Truth About Elastin In Skin !
- 3 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 4 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 7 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 8 English Countryside
- 9 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 10 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 11 Flights from Croatia
- 12 Europe in late January
- 13 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 14 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 15 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 16 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 17 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 18 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 19 Paris---baguette question???
- 20 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 21 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 22 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 23 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 24 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 25 Scenic Driving Routes
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...