I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 We're here!
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 7 Old European currency
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Brugge hotel help
- 22 Five night Ireland Trip
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 London Hotels
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...