I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 week trip Turkey
- 2 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Scotland Trip
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 11 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 What one thing in Paris?
- 14 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 17 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 18 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 19 Paris Under Seige...
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 21 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...