I'm planning a solo trip to Greece and Istanbul next year. I want to plan it as early as possible so I have enough time to scout out places and air fares. So here's my situation: I'm only allowed 2 weeks off from work. In a span of 14-days I only have 12 to spare if you deduct my travel time. Do you guys think that's a decent amount of time to explore both places? Am I being too ambitious?
Greece would be my main destination. I'm interested in seeing historical sights and the beaches which is really what I'm dying to see and experience (scuba diving). I was thinking of tweaking Fodor's suggested itinerary to accomodate my time restrictions. I just don't want to compromise not seeing more of Greece just so I can visit Istanbul. On theflip side, I don't want to missed the opportunity to visit Istanbul because I would be so close.
I guess the point is, I want to experience as much as I can in every trip that I make.
So please offer your advice. I'll take any suggestions you have on places to see, itinerary, best transportation option, etc. BTW, I mainly want to see Hagia Sofia and some Byzantine architecture. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 5 Paris in August
- 6 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 7 Help with tips in UK
- 8 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 9 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 12 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 15 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 16 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 17 Scotland itinerary advice
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 20 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 25 Positano Hotel in September
Greece & Istanbul in 12 days, you think that's enough time? Please help...