My wife and I are going to Greece this July. The first three days that we are there are for business, so we will be starting off in Athens. We have been given the opportunity to extend on our own dime. Should we stay in Athens or go elsewhere? I have been looking at maybe going to Crete, Mykonos, Rhodes, or Santorini. Would love to go everywhere! But I'm only going to extend our trip for 6 additional nights, so it may make more sense to stay in one other and then go home, but I'm open to suggestions. My wife and I are in our mid 30's, we love exploring new places, we would prefer to stay away from heavy crowds. What island should we head over to and what cities should we hit?
Greece in July for business and pleasure
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 Trip around Spain
- 3 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 One more last question on Bayeux
- 16 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 17 Medieval Tallinn
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools