I'm thinking of a two weeks trip to Greece July 22-Aug 3. Would I be able to find hotel rooms on main land or they'd be all busy at that time? Last time I did it was a June and had no problem finding a room on the islands, however, this time I'd like to stay in main land going up to Thessaloniki. I'd like to stay 2 days in Athens, and from there book a week tour from a travel agent in Athens. With online day tour companies you stay one night in each city and you get up early to join the tour, it looks exhausting to me.
Any idea/hint would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 2 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 5 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 6 Car rental insurance woes
- 7 Edinburgh and Scotland experts—comments on itinerary (beta version!)
- 8 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 9 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 10 12 Days in Italy
- 11 Paris recommendations?
- 12 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 13 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 14 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 15 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 16 Umbria and Piedmont
- 17 Norway Fjords
- 18 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 19 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 20 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 21 Car and Driver in Italy
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 25 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report