I'm thinking of a two weeks trip to Greece July 22-Aug 3. Would I be able to find hotel rooms on main land or they'd be all busy at that time? Last time I did it was a June and had no problem finding a room on the islands, however, this time I'd like to stay in main land going up to Thessaloniki. I'd like to stay 2 days in Athens, and from there book a week tour from a travel agent in Athens. With online day tour companies you stay one night in each city and you get up early to join the tour, it looks exhausting to me.
Any idea/hint would be greatly appreciated
Greece in July-August hotel availability
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 5 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 6 Fashion for larger man?
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 London 2nd time around
- 9 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 10 Traveling in France by train
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 13 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 14 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 15 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 16 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 19 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 20 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 21 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 22 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 23 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 24 Sicily - not a trip report
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?