I am planning a honeymoon to Greece from Sept 12 to Sept 26 2013 and would like your input before I book. We are both in our late 20's. We are looking to relax with nice views/beaches but also want to experience nightlife that isn't completely dead. This is our rough itinerary so far...
Arrive in Athens and take a flight to Santorini
Sep 12 - 16:
Cave House at Delfini Villas in Oia (Any other hotel suggestions will be much appreciated)
I think Oia will be much more relaxing but would like to experience Fira for a night. Bus? Cab?
Sept 16 - 20
Ferry to Naxos or Mykonos
After reading many posts, I am leaning towards Naxos. How 'touristy' will Mykonos be at that time? I figure since Santorini and Athens will be expenisve, Naxos will be lighter on the wallet. If we do decide Naxos, I am thinking about a hotel at St. George. If its Mykonos then a hotel near paradise beach or in town. (Any suggestions?) Is there enough time to experience both islands?
Sep 20 - 26
Ferry or flight to Athens
I'm looking for a hotel in Plaka. (Electra Palace?)
Is this too long in Athens?
As this is our first time in Greece, I would very much appreciate all your suggestions and tips. The dates and the order of islands within our trip are flexible. Below are few links I found for flights and ferries. If there is something I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 2 A week in Le Marche
- 3 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 4 Vatican visit - shortcut to St. Peter's Basilica through Sistine chapel
- 5 Appropriate wear for restaurants
- 6 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 7 Should I shop in Firenze or Roma? Or Paris or London?!
- 8 Recommendation for a Boutique Hotel in Istanbul
- 9 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 10 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 11 My summer in Paris
- 12 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 13 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 14 Qustions: Europen river cruises solo
- 15 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 16 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 17 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 18 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 19 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 20 Flights from Milos Greece to Rome
- 21 Paris 4 days
- 22 Turkey - Car Rental
- 23 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 24 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 25 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland