I am planning a honeymoon to Greece from Sept 12 to Sept 26 2013 and would like your input before I book. We are both in our late 20's. We are looking to relax with nice views/beaches but also want to experience nightlife that isn't completely dead. This is our rough itinerary so far...
Arrive in Athens and take a flight to Santorini
Sep 12 - 16:
Cave House at Delfini Villas in Oia (Any other hotel suggestions will be much appreciated)
I think Oia will be much more relaxing but would like to experience Fira for a night. Bus? Cab?
Sept 16 - 20
Ferry to Naxos or Mykonos
After reading many posts, I am leaning towards Naxos. How 'touristy' will Mykonos be at that time? I figure since Santorini and Athens will be expenisve, Naxos will be lighter on the wallet. If we do decide Naxos, I am thinking about a hotel at St. George. If its Mykonos then a hotel near paradise beach or in town. (Any suggestions?) Is there enough time to experience both islands?
Sep 20 - 26
Ferry or flight to Athens
I'm looking for a hotel in Plaka. (Electra Palace?)
Is this too long in Athens?
As this is our first time in Greece, I would very much appreciate all your suggestions and tips. The dates and the order of islands within our trip are flexible. Below are few links I found for flights and ferries. If there is something I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks
Greece Honeymoon itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 2 A week in spain
- 3 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 4 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 5 10 Days in Switzerland
- 6 ought to to perform your co
- 7 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 8 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 9 Family trip to France with kids
- 10 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 11 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 12 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 13 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 14 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 15 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 16 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 17 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 18 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 19 scotland trave;
- 20 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 21 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 22 Swiss decisions
- 23 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 24 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 25 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014