I am planning a honeymoon to Greece from Sept 12 to Sept 26 2013 and would like your input before I book. We are both in our late 20's. We are looking to relax with nice views/beaches but also want to experience nightlife that isn't completely dead. This is our rough itinerary so far...
Arrive in Athens and take a flight to Santorini
Sep 12 - 16:
Cave House at Delfini Villas in Oia (Any other hotel suggestions will be much appreciated)
I think Oia will be much more relaxing but would like to experience Fira for a night. Bus? Cab?
Sept 16 - 20
Ferry to Naxos or Mykonos
After reading many posts, I am leaning towards Naxos. How 'touristy' will Mykonos be at that time? I figure since Santorini and Athens will be expenisve, Naxos will be lighter on the wallet. If we do decide Naxos, I am thinking about a hotel at St. George. If its Mykonos then a hotel near paradise beach or in town. (Any suggestions?) Is there enough time to experience both islands?
Sep 20 - 26
Ferry or flight to Athens
I'm looking for a hotel in Plaka. (Electra Palace?)
Is this too long in Athens?
As this is our first time in Greece, I would very much appreciate all your suggestions and tips. The dates and the order of islands within our trip are flexible. Below are few links I found for flights and ferries. If there is something I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 2 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 10 days in Paris and......
- 6 Summer Travel order
- 7 LIsbon
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Luggage Storage
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now