I am planning a honeymoon to Greece from Sept 12 to Sept 26 2013 and would like your input before I book. We are both in our late 20's. We are looking to relax with nice views/beaches but also want to experience nightlife that isn't completely dead. This is our rough itinerary so far...
Arrive in Athens and take a flight to Santorini
Sep 12 - 16:
Cave House at Delfini Villas in Oia (Any other hotel suggestions will be much appreciated)
I think Oia will be much more relaxing but would like to experience Fira for a night. Bus? Cab?
Sept 16 - 20
Ferry to Naxos or Mykonos
After reading many posts, I am leaning towards Naxos. How 'touristy' will Mykonos be at that time? I figure since Santorini and Athens will be expenisve, Naxos will be lighter on the wallet. If we do decide Naxos, I am thinking about a hotel at St. George. If its Mykonos then a hotel near paradise beach or in town. (Any suggestions?) Is there enough time to experience both islands?
Sep 20 - 26
Ferry or flight to Athens
I'm looking for a hotel in Plaka. (Electra Palace?)
Is this too long in Athens?
As this is our first time in Greece, I would very much appreciate all your suggestions and tips. The dates and the order of islands within our trip are flexible. Below are few links I found for flights and ferries. If there is something I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks
Greece Honeymoon itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 2 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 3 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 4 London during Christmas week
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 7 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 8 Luggage sizing
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 11 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 12 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 13 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 14 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 15 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 16 Eleanor's Pages
- 17 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 18 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 19 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 22 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 23 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 24 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 25 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive