I am planning a honeymoon to Greece from Sept 12 to Sept 26 2013 and would like your input before I book. We are both in our late 20's. We are looking to relax with nice views/beaches but also want to experience nightlife that isn't completely dead. This is our rough itinerary so far...
Arrive in Athens and take a flight to Santorini
Sep 12 - 16:
Cave House at Delfini Villas in Oia (Any other hotel suggestions will be much appreciated)
I think Oia will be much more relaxing but would like to experience Fira for a night. Bus? Cab?
Sept 16 - 20
Ferry to Naxos or Mykonos
After reading many posts, I am leaning towards Naxos. How 'touristy' will Mykonos be at that time? I figure since Santorini and Athens will be expenisve, Naxos will be lighter on the wallet. If we do decide Naxos, I am thinking about a hotel at St. George. If its Mykonos then a hotel near paradise beach or in town. (Any suggestions?) Is there enough time to experience both islands?
Sep 20 - 26
Ferry or flight to Athens
I'm looking for a hotel in Plaka. (Electra Palace?)
Is this too long in Athens?
As this is our first time in Greece, I would very much appreciate all your suggestions and tips. The dates and the order of islands within our trip are flexible. Below are few links I found for flights and ferries. If there is something I'm missing, please let me know. Thanks
Greece Honeymoon itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 2 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 3 flea markets in France
- 4 What to wear
- 5 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 6 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 9 Spain tips beyond safety
- 10 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 13 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 14 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Prague flea markets
- 25 Tipping in Greece