My best friend and I are wrapping up our sophomore year of college by traveling to Greece/Italy! We only have around 20 days until summer school starts. We will be flying out of Atlanta probably May 8th or 9th and returning May 28th or 29th.
We have never been to Europe, but would love to see Greece and that area. So, we are planning on flying into Athens, spending some days there then heading by ferries to Greek islands such as Santorini and Mykonos, etc then taking a ferry to southern Italy and seeing some areas down there.
Here's where I need help: in 20 days, what cities should we absolutely see or would you recommend? I have no idea where to go in Southern Italy or where we would fly out of. We would love days to relax on beaches, but also some typical tourist scenes and nightlife on some other nights. We don't want to feel rushed!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 2 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 3 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 10 Iceland rental camper company
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Chania
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 18 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 22 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!