Need help with Greece Islands travel. We are arriving in Athens on Sep 11th (1:30PM) and departing on Sep 21st early morning (8:00AM)
We are not party people - beaches, nice scenery, white-washed towns with nice cobbled streets - that's what we love.
Here's a few options - please let us know if this is feasible.
1) Thursday seems like a bad day to arrive in Athens for connecting flights to islands - one option is to do a quick evening in Athens - see Acropolis and stay near airport
2) Friday - Flight t to Naxos or Milos (3 nights) - please advise which is better based on our interest ??
3) Monday - Ferry to Santorini - (3 nights)
4) Thursday - Ferry to Chania.. (pretty much 3 nights) - Saturday night flight - Chania to Athens. Stay in airport.
Depart Sunday morning.....
Is this too much or doable ?? Should we shift nights ??
We can also do this in reverse somewhat - on the day of arrival (we arrive at 1:30PM), there is a 9:00PM Ryanair to Chania - we would have 7 hours to kill - perhaps just do a quick visit to Acropolis and back and skip staying in Athens until the last night ??
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 8 How the kids age calculated
- 9 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 10 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 11 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 12 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 Uffizi Phone Number
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Aix Provence
- 19 Sintra
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 25 Murren to Prague