Need help with Greece Islands travel. We are arriving in Athens on Sep 11th (1:30PM) and departing on Sep 21st early morning (8:00AM)
We are not party people - beaches, nice scenery, white-washed towns with nice cobbled streets - that's what we love.
Here's a few options - please let us know if this is feasible.
1) Thursday seems like a bad day to arrive in Athens for connecting flights to islands - one option is to do a quick evening in Athens - see Acropolis and stay near airport
2) Friday - Flight t to Naxos or Milos (3 nights) - please advise which is better based on our interest ??
3) Monday - Ferry to Santorini - (3 nights)
4) Thursday - Ferry to Chania.. (pretty much 3 nights) - Saturday night flight - Chania to Athens. Stay in airport.
Depart Sunday morning.....
Is this too much or doable ?? Should we shift nights ??
We can also do this in reverse somewhat - on the day of arrival (we arrive at 1:30PM), there is a 9:00PM Ryanair to Chania - we would have 7 hours to kill - perhaps just do a quick visit to Acropolis and back and skip staying in Athens until the last night ??
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 2 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 6 Interesting places to visit
- 7 Budapest in December 2017
- 8 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 12 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 15 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 20 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France