Need help with Greece Islands travel. We are arriving in Athens on Sep 11th (1:30PM) and departing on Sep 21st early morning (8:00AM)
We are not party people - beaches, nice scenery, white-washed towns with nice cobbled streets - that's what we love.
Here's a few options - please let us know if this is feasible.
1) Thursday seems like a bad day to arrive in Athens for connecting flights to islands - one option is to do a quick evening in Athens - see Acropolis and stay near airport
2) Friday - Flight t to Naxos or Milos (3 nights) - please advise which is better based on our interest ??
3) Monday - Ferry to Santorini - (3 nights)
4) Thursday - Ferry to Chania.. (pretty much 3 nights) - Saturday night flight - Chania to Athens. Stay in airport.
Depart Sunday morning.....
Is this too much or doable ?? Should we shift nights ??
We can also do this in reverse somewhat - on the day of arrival (we arrive at 1:30PM), there is a 9:00PM Ryanair to Chania - we would have 7 hours to kill - perhaps just do a quick visit to Acropolis and back and skip staying in Athens until the last night ??
Thanks a lot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 4 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 5 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 6 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 7 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 8 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 9 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 13 Sim Cards
- 14 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 15 London in Winter Report
- 16 Portugal rental car
- 17 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 18 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 19 IWM
- 20 London Hotel - Different Request
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 3 nights in Madrid
- 23 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 24 Travelling Iceland
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon