I'm surprising my husband of almost 3 years with a birthday trip to Greece for 8 days - Sept 20 -27 (exclusive of flights). Never having been, I'd appreciate suggestions on how to allocate the time. We are mid-late 50's, active with no health restrictions. Interests:
- 1 or 2 islands (suggestions have been Naxos, Mykonos, Santorini)
- suggestions for great places to eat/drink (not necessarily $$$, but views/good food)
- a boat tour
- where to catch a great sunset and sunrise (not necessarily the same place?)
Travelling from Canada, I hear of ferries as a mode of travel. Do I need to book these in advance, and if so, where can I find this type of information?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Which Train Station in Venice
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 What fresh hell is this?
- 10 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Bordeaux to Nice
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna