I'm surprising my husband of almost 3 years with a birthday trip to Greece for 8 days - Sept 20 -27 (exclusive of flights). Never having been, I'd appreciate suggestions on how to allocate the time. We are mid-late 50's, active with no health restrictions. Interests:
- 1 or 2 islands (suggestions have been Naxos, Mykonos, Santorini)
- suggestions for great places to eat/drink (not necessarily $$$, but views/good food)
- a boat tour
- where to catch a great sunset and sunrise (not necessarily the same place?)
Travelling from Canada, I hear of ferries as a mode of travel. Do I need to book these in advance, and if so, where can I find this type of information?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux to Nice
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Athens Help
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Transport for local Venice travel
- 13 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 14 Crete Holiday
- 15 Christmas in Italy
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 21 Rome to Venice
- 22 Alitala
- 23 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 24 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 25 Letter from the Belgian Embassy