I'm surprising my husband of almost 3 years with a birthday trip to Greece for 8 days - Sept 20 -27 (exclusive of flights). Never having been, I'd appreciate suggestions on how to allocate the time. We are mid-late 50's, active with no health restrictions. Interests:
- 1 or 2 islands (suggestions have been Naxos, Mykonos, Santorini)
- suggestions for great places to eat/drink (not necessarily $$$, but views/good food)
- a boat tour
- where to catch a great sunset and sunrise (not necessarily the same place?)
Travelling from Canada, I hear of ferries as a mode of travel. Do I need to book these in advance, and if so, where can I find this type of information?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 4 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 5 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 17 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 celticmoon, a quick question
- 21 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 22 What fresh hell is this?
- 23 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 24 Which Train Station in Venice
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia