I'm surprising my husband of almost 3 years with a birthday trip to Greece for 8 days - Sept 20 -27 (exclusive of flights). Never having been, I'd appreciate suggestions on how to allocate the time. We are mid-late 50's, active with no health restrictions. Interests:
- 1 or 2 islands (suggestions have been Naxos, Mykonos, Santorini)
- suggestions for great places to eat/drink (not necessarily $$$, but views/good food)
- a boat tour
- where to catch a great sunset and sunrise (not necessarily the same place?)
Travelling from Canada, I hear of ferries as a mode of travel. Do I need to book these in advance, and if so, where can I find this type of information?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 타이탄바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Safety in Rome
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 Apartment Montreux area
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 17 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 18 base in brussels
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam