I'm surprising my husband of almost 3 years with a birthday trip to Greece for 8 days - Sept 20 -27 (exclusive of flights). Never having been, I'd appreciate suggestions on how to allocate the time. We are mid-late 50's, active with no health restrictions. Interests:
- 1 or 2 islands (suggestions have been Naxos, Mykonos, Santorini)
- suggestions for great places to eat/drink (not necessarily $$$, but views/good food)
- a boat tour
- where to catch a great sunset and sunrise (not necessarily the same place?)
Travelling from Canada, I hear of ferries as a mode of travel. Do I need to book these in advance, and if so, where can I find this type of information?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 Days in Italy
- 2 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 5 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 6 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 7 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 10 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 11 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 12 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 16 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 17 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 Stu Tower
- 20 Single Female Traveler in Italy
- 21 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 22 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 23 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 24 Crete Holiday
- 25 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?