I have 3 weeks in May to spend in Greece with my daughters ages 20 and 22 -so just us 3 ladies!!. I have made no plans for anything yet. I would like to go to Delphi and Metorini,Mykonos and Santorini- Is Crete a good place to spend about a week? I also plan to go to Patmos and would like to go to Aegina,Hydra-Any suggestions on how to travel,what itenerary and where to stay/eat? I am on a tight budget. Someone told me NOT to make reservations to spend the night on the islands because local people will be at ferries holding signs up with cheaper places to stay-Is this true and/or dependable? All guided tours seem to be out of price range since I am paying for all of us-Any help would be deeply appreciated. I had NO IDEA how complicated Greece was until AFTER I agreed to the trip and booked the tickets or Id probably have run the other way!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10-12 days in Europe....leaving on 12/26.....where would you go and why?
- 2 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 3 My notes on Greece 101
- 4 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 5 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 6 I dream of Europe
- 7 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 8 Halloween in Paris
- 9 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 10 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 11 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 12 how long in Malta?
- 13 planning a trip to Europe next year!
- 14 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 15 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 16 Norway 2014
- 17 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 18 A Greek sojourn
- 19 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 20 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 21 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 22 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 23 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 24 Weekend in Norfolk
- 25 Burgundy in May