I have 3 weeks in May to spend in Greece with my daughters ages 20 and 22 -so just us 3 ladies!!. I have made no plans for anything yet. I would like to go to Delphi and Metorini,Mykonos and Santorini- Is Crete a good place to spend about a week? I also plan to go to Patmos and would like to go to Aegina,Hydra-Any suggestions on how to travel,what itenerary and where to stay/eat? I am on a tight budget. Someone told me NOT to make reservations to spend the night on the islands because local people will be at ferries holding signs up with cheaper places to stay-Is this true and/or dependable? All guided tours seem to be out of price range since I am paying for all of us-Any help would be deeply appreciated. I had NO IDEA how complicated Greece was until AFTER I agreed to the trip and booked the tickets or Id probably have run the other way!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 2 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 3 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 4 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 5 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 6 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 7 Hotel in Rome?
- 8 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 9 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 Favorite hotels
- 13 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 14 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 15 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 16 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 19 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 20 Message for Ackislander
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?