I know each year is different, but this question is sort of related to "in general"....
We'll be in Granada first week of October. For our welcome to Andalusia/Spain dinner, I decided to go with one of the carmen (old mansions turned restaurants) overlooking the Alhambra. Initially I narrowed it down to these following (listed according to preference), but then an unpleasant surprise. Many of them are closed on Mondays (our only possible night) :
Carmen de Aben Humeya (like the look/sound of it. open on Mondays)
Carmen Mirador de Aixa (closed on Monday)
Restaurante Las Tomasas (closed on Monday)
El Huerto de Juan Ranas
Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas (sounds quite touristy)
Mirador de Morayma
Even though on TA Carmen Aben Humeya is lower than others, it keeps drawing me in. I like the look of the terrace/gardens and the food. Now with more research, it seem that this particular carmen is pretty much all "outdoor" seating...one review mentioned "a table with a great view through a clear plastic tent" (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks idealic for a nice warm summer month. I'm sure someone might even eat outside in January and February. but what i mean I would not want to wear a thick jacket and use blankets. I am traveling with older people and it might not be wise to ask them to sit for 2 hours in the cold air. As long as it's long sleeves and a cardigan/ shawl, then I think it still should be ok. My worry ...for Granada, is it warm enough to eat seating outside in October? Has anyone dined at Aben Humeya (particularly in the fall)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day Italy
- 2 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 3 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 What to do at 7:00am
- 6 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 7 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 8 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 9 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 13 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 14 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 15 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 16 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 Planning a European Trip
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 22 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 23 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 24 Italian lakes
- 25 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?