I know each year is different, but this question is sort of related to "in general"....
We'll be in Granada first week of October. For our welcome to Andalusia/Spain dinner, I decided to go with one of the carmen (old mansions turned restaurants) overlooking the Alhambra. Initially I narrowed it down to these following (listed according to preference), but then an unpleasant surprise. Many of them are closed on Mondays (our only possible night) :
Carmen de Aben Humeya (like the look/sound of it. open on Mondays)
Carmen Mirador de Aixa (closed on Monday)
Restaurante Las Tomasas (closed on Monday)
El Huerto de Juan Ranas
Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas (sounds quite touristy)
Mirador de Morayma
Even though on TA Carmen Aben Humeya is lower than others, it keeps drawing me in. I like the look of the terrace/gardens and the food. Now with more research, it seem that this particular carmen is pretty much all "outdoor" seating...one review mentioned "a table with a great view through a clear plastic tent" (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks idealic for a nice warm summer month. I'm sure someone might even eat outside in January and February. but what i mean I would not want to wear a thick jacket and use blankets. I am traveling with older people and it might not be wise to ask them to sit for 2 hours in the cold air. As long as it's long sleeves and a cardigan/ shawl, then I think it still should be ok. My worry ...for Granada, is it warm enough to eat seating outside in October? Has anyone dined at Aben Humeya (particularly in the fall)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 3 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 4 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 9 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 10 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 14 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 15 Iceland in January/February
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 25 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria