I know each year is different, but this question is sort of related to "in general"....
We'll be in Granada first week of October. For our welcome to Andalusia/Spain dinner, I decided to go with one of the carmen (old mansions turned restaurants) overlooking the Alhambra. Initially I narrowed it down to these following (listed according to preference), but then an unpleasant surprise. Many of them are closed on Mondays (our only possible night) :
Carmen de Aben Humeya (like the look/sound of it. open on Mondays)
Carmen Mirador de Aixa (closed on Monday)
Restaurante Las Tomasas (closed on Monday)
El Huerto de Juan Ranas
Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas (sounds quite touristy)
Mirador de Morayma
Even though on TA Carmen Aben Humeya is lower than others, it keeps drawing me in. I like the look of the terrace/gardens and the food. Now with more research, it seem that this particular carmen is pretty much all "outdoor" seating...one review mentioned "a table with a great view through a clear plastic tent" (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks idealic for a nice warm summer month. I'm sure someone might even eat outside in January and February. but what i mean I would not want to wear a thick jacket and use blankets. I am traveling with older people and it might not be wise to ask them to sit for 2 hours in the cold air. As long as it's long sleeves and a cardigan/ shawl, then I think it still should be ok. My worry ...for Granada, is it warm enough to eat seating outside in October? Has anyone dined at Aben Humeya (particularly in the fall)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 10 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 20 A few days outside Rome
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 CDG airport and connection time
- 24 Paris Metro
- 25 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris