I know each year is different, but this question is sort of related to "in general"....
We'll be in Granada first week of October. For our welcome to Andalusia/Spain dinner, I decided to go with one of the carmen (old mansions turned restaurants) overlooking the Alhambra. Initially I narrowed it down to these following (listed according to preference), but then an unpleasant surprise. Many of them are closed on Mondays (our only possible night) :
Carmen de Aben Humeya (like the look/sound of it. open on Mondays)
Carmen Mirador de Aixa (closed on Monday)
Restaurante Las Tomasas (closed on Monday)
El Huerto de Juan Ranas
Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas (sounds quite touristy)
Mirador de Morayma
Even though on TA Carmen Aben Humeya is lower than others, it keeps drawing me in. I like the look of the terrace/gardens and the food. Now with more research, it seem that this particular carmen is pretty much all "outdoor" seating...one review mentioned "a table with a great view through a clear plastic tent" (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks idealic for a nice warm summer month. I'm sure someone might even eat outside in January and February. but what i mean I would not want to wear a thick jacket and use blankets. I am traveling with older people and it might not be wise to ask them to sit for 2 hours in the cold air. As long as it's long sleeves and a cardigan/ shawl, then I think it still should be ok. My worry ...for Granada, is it warm enough to eat seating outside in October? Has anyone dined at Aben Humeya (particularly in the fall)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Err0r: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 3 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 4 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 7 Route Information
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 14 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 15 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 16 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 17 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 21 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 22 Villa in Italy
- 23 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 24 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 25 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?