I know each year is different, but this question is sort of related to "in general"....
We'll be in Granada first week of October. For our welcome to Andalusia/Spain dinner, I decided to go with one of the carmen (old mansions turned restaurants) overlooking the Alhambra. Initially I narrowed it down to these following (listed according to preference), but then an unpleasant surprise. Many of them are closed on Mondays (our only possible night) :
Carmen de Aben Humeya (like the look/sound of it. open on Mondays)
Carmen Mirador de Aixa (closed on Monday)
Restaurante Las Tomasas (closed on Monday)
El Huerto de Juan Ranas
Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas (sounds quite touristy)
Mirador de Morayma
Even though on TA Carmen Aben Humeya is lower than others, it keeps drawing me in. I like the look of the terrace/gardens and the food. Now with more research, it seem that this particular carmen is pretty much all "outdoor" seating...one review mentioned "a table with a great view through a clear plastic tent" (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks idealic for a nice warm summer month. I'm sure someone might even eat outside in January and February. but what i mean I would not want to wear a thick jacket and use blankets. I am traveling with older people and it might not be wise to ask them to sit for 2 hours in the cold air. As long as it's long sleeves and a cardigan/ shawl, then I think it still should be ok. My worry ...for Granada, is it warm enough to eat seating outside in October? Has anyone dined at Aben Humeya (particularly in the fall)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 2 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 3 London Hotels
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Back from Paris
- 7 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 1 month in Europe
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 16 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 17 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 18 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 19 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 20 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139