I know each year is different, but this question is sort of related to "in general"....
We'll be in Granada first week of October. For our welcome to Andalusia/Spain dinner, I decided to go with one of the carmen (old mansions turned restaurants) overlooking the Alhambra. Initially I narrowed it down to these following (listed according to preference), but then an unpleasant surprise. Many of them are closed on Mondays (our only possible night) :
Carmen de Aben Humeya (like the look/sound of it. open on Mondays)
Carmen Mirador de Aixa (closed on Monday)
Restaurante Las Tomasas (closed on Monday)
El Huerto de Juan Ranas
Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas (sounds quite touristy)
Mirador de Morayma
Even though on TA Carmen Aben Humeya is lower than others, it keeps drawing me in. I like the look of the terrace/gardens and the food. Now with more research, it seem that this particular carmen is pretty much all "outdoor" seating...one review mentioned "a table with a great view through a clear plastic tent" (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks idealic for a nice warm summer month. I'm sure someone might even eat outside in January and February. but what i mean I would not want to wear a thick jacket and use blankets. I am traveling with older people and it might not be wise to ask them to sit for 2 hours in the cold air. As long as it's long sleeves and a cardigan/ shawl, then I think it still should be ok. My worry ...for Granada, is it warm enough to eat seating outside in October? Has anyone dined at Aben Humeya (particularly in the fall)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 2 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 3 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 6 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 7 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 8 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 10 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 11 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 12 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 13 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 14 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 15 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 16 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 17 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 18 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 19 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 20 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 21 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 22 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 23 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?