My future husband and I will be traveling to Europe for the first time for our honeymoon. We live in New York City where we are attending graduate school. We are splurging a bit on this trip and have 3 weeks for the whole trip. We are planning this at the last minute because we have been so busy with our exams but we're hoping to leave towards the end of June and return in mid July. Neither one of us has traveled to Europe before and what we are most worried about is traveling from place to place.
We would like to fly into London, go to Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris. We plan to spend the bulk of our time in Paris, and take small day trips or overnight trips to Mont Saint-Michel, Versailles, etc. We plan on flying out from Paris via open jaw ticket.
Could you give us travel tips on how to get around from London to Amsterdam, and from Amsterdam to Paris? also what's the best way to get around throughout France? should we rent a car? is there a pass to purchase or should we just buy individual train tickets? if so, what are the best sites to use? should we purchase a Eurail pass or is there something that will make it easier for. I am most worried about traveling from place to place.
We are both in our late 20s. We love art, architecture, food, and a few things off the beaten path. I personally would love to see a few museums and castles, a couple noteworthy churches here and there. We would also like to go to a few fun/lively bars/pubs and clubs. Could you guys help us to come up with a solid itinerary of places to see and visit and recommend some good restaurants. Our exams are killing our souls this semester and we need your help!
We are mainly utilizing Airbnb for lodging.
Oh, Also do you guys know of any good apps to use in each city or in general apps that can make travel easier? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Camogli and surrounds
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Palermo Apartment
- 10 travel fan 220v?
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 Barcelona - places to stay
- 13 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 15 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 16 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 Europe in October!
- 19 B&Bs in Ireland
- 20 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 21 Moldova and Transnistria
- 22 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
Graduate students going to Europe for 1st time - Our Honeymoon. HELP!