My future husband and I will be traveling to Europe for the first time for our honeymoon. We live in New York City where we are attending graduate school. We are splurging a bit on this trip and have 3 weeks for the whole trip. We are planning this at the last minute because we have been so busy with our exams but we're hoping to leave towards the end of June and return in mid July. Neither one of us has traveled to Europe before and what we are most worried about is traveling from place to place.
We would like to fly into London, go to Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris. We plan to spend the bulk of our time in Paris, and take small day trips or overnight trips to Mont Saint-Michel, Versailles, etc. We plan on flying out from Paris via open jaw ticket.
Could you give us travel tips on how to get around from London to Amsterdam, and from Amsterdam to Paris? also what's the best way to get around throughout France? should we rent a car? is there a pass to purchase or should we just buy individual train tickets? if so, what are the best sites to use? should we purchase a Eurail pass or is there something that will make it easier for. I am most worried about traveling from place to place.
We are both in our late 20s. We love art, architecture, food, and a few things off the beaten path. I personally would love to see a few museums and castles, a couple noteworthy churches here and there. We would also like to go to a few fun/lively bars/pubs and clubs. Could you guys help us to come up with a solid itinerary of places to see and visit and recommend some good restaurants. Our exams are killing our souls this semester and we need your help!
We are mainly utilizing Airbnb for lodging.
Oh, Also do you guys know of any good apps to use in each city or in general apps that can make travel easier? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 2 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 3 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 4 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 5 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 6 Norwegian air
- 7 Advance Booking for Spain
- 8 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 9 3 Wake-up calls
- 10 London dining service charge
- 11 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 12 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 13 Scotland Question
- 14 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 15 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 16 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 17 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 18 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 19 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 20 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 21 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 22 What clothes?
- 23 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 24 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 25 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
Graduate students going to Europe for 1st time - Our Honeymoon. HELP!