We'll be driving in Southern France about 3 weeks in September after we leave the Nice area. I am also intrigued with the idea of visiting Entrevaux, Castellane, and Moustiers Ste Marie. It sounds like the southern side of the Gorges du Verdon is the way to go, probably spending the night first at Entrevaux to explore a bit, then staying in Moustiers after visiting the Gorges. Is it feasible to continue west from Moustiers?
Via Michelin says the drive from Moustiers to Aix is 1hr35, 91km. Many gas stations along the way??
Thanks so much for your advice here. We will have a small (tiny?) rental car, and wondering if diesel fuel is readily available. What about driving a stick shift up, up, up, then down, down, down?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Norwegian Air?
- 5 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 6 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 10 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger